A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer at beverage manufacturer based in the Peterborough area.
As a manufacturing engineer you'll have a high level of technical expertise and skill, which you'll use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes.
- Maintain all machinery and equipment on site to ensure efficient and effective running of the business.
- Maintain the fabric of the Factory and Offices to ensure that it is suitable for 'Food and Drink Manufacturing' in accordance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and British reputation through compliance certification plus all other retail requirements, Organic, Fairtrade and R.F.A. accreditation standards.
- Managing Engineering new projects on site also using the most cost-effective methods and with the aim of reducing the impact of production on the environment.
- Design new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones
- Work with other engineers, such as chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Examine, tender for and install new equipment, making sure you get the highest quality at the best price
- Liaise with suppliers and customers
- Plan and organise maintenance of equipment
- Identify faults, investigate production problems and repair equipment quickly and efficiently
- Improve current operations wherever possible
- Supervise shift engineers and sub-contractors and ensure effective communication in order to avoid errors
- Work with production supervisors in relation to factory start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time and profits
- Liaise with research and development staff to ensure the company is at the forefront of ground-breaking research.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Keep updated with technological and legislative changes to ensure that the facility remains 'updated' and 'legal'.
- Work in conjunction with the development executive and closely with the Senior Production Supervisor in terms of machine maintenance and breakdowns. Work with the Quality Manager so that the factory and equipment conform with any updated versions of the Quality systems and accreditations.
- Work with shift engineers so they are fully updated and trained with regards to safety systems and efficient 'ways of working'.
- Take responsibility for organising the safe use of chemicals and lubricants on site.
- Contribute to the working of HACCP within the factory.
- Work with the Senior Production Supervisor to ensure that training is arranged for Forklifts and Manual Handling.
- Play a lead role in site security.
- To cover Quality meetings.
- Carry out Appraisals with shift engineers and subsequent training and development. Visit suppliers/customers where and if necessary.
- Play a lead role in accreditation audits as required by the Quality Manager.
- Work in conjunction with the Operation director and Senior Production Supervisor to reduce downtime by 3%
- Involvement in NPD working with the Development Executive and Quality Technical in developing new projects.
- Experienced and Qualified Electrical Engineer.
- A good understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Experience with Vertical form and Horizontal four-sided seal machines, also a good understanding of robotic automation, hydraulics.
- Excellent time management skills as in setting and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of NPD processes.
- Good understanding of specialist packaging materials.
- Engineering qualifications highly desirable.
Working hours would be a day shift Monday to Friday 7.00am - 3.15pm or possibly 9.00am - 5.15pm
There would be the expectation for the Site Engineer to cover for the Shift Engineers whilst on annual leave.
Salary for this role is £40,000.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Spalding, Lincolnshire
- £40000 - £40458 per annum
- 6 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer working day shifts at for a food manufacturer based in Spalding To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that ... Read More
Maintenance Engineer Nights
- Spalding, Lincolnshire
- £42000 - £45698 per annum
- 11 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Spalding To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe... Read More