An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, hands-on Shift Line Service Palletising Warehouse Operative to join a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area.
To work as part of a team of line service operatives:
-Operate and set up Automated Box case packing machinery
-Operate and set up label machines for case labels
-Carry out quality checks in accordance with company policies and procedures
-Maintaining a safe work environment, fully complying with legislative requirements and company policies and
-Support warehouse functions and role.
-Actively promote Health & Safety within the palletising section and support warehouse department and all factory
-Carrying out hygiene/cleaning tasks throughout the factory, maintaining and cleaning of all
-Operate and look after Toyota pedestrian vehicles in a safely manner fully complying with company policies and
Responsibilities for the Shift Line Service Palletising Warehouse Operative role:
Palletising box/tray product according to the specification and transfer of completed pallets to the warehouse
- Simultaneously work on multiple production lines ensuring all lines meet their KPI targets (including wastage and efficiency) and that the team leader is aware if targets are not going to be met.
- Maintain a consistently high work ethic, allowing optimisation of line speeds at all times.
- Ensure that all pallets are built to the correct configuration.
- Ensure that pallets are booked correctly using the computerized system.
- Ensure that all traceability requirements and data entries are completed accurately.
- Ensure there is sufficient stock readily available so that lines don't run out of trays, boxes, etc.
Facilitate the smooth flow of materials throughout the production process and have an understanding of materials
- Ensure lines have sufficient, accurate labels ready for production.
- Return unused stock to warehouse, ensuring that traceability details and stock quantities are recorded.
- Ensure oncoming shift has sufficient stock for all lines.
- Report problems with computer booking/scanning systems/ label machines to a Team Leader and Gismo IT in timely manner.
- You are responsible for looking after equipment i.e. ensuring that all parts of the equipment are maintained and reported in a timely manner if any part is broken and corrective action and procedural documentation is followed.
- Follow manual handing procedures at all times.
- Ensure that the clean-as-you-go policy is always maintained.
- Be able to carry out changeovers for case packing equipment in a timely manner with minimal downtime
- Actively drive continuous improvement in your work area by following Operation principles.
- Carry out shift handover effectively to the next team with good information flow.
- Communicate with other departments effectively to ensure day to day running of the factor is maintained.
The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and will require an individual who is flexible to work rotating days/nights across a 12 hour shift (6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am).
It is essential that the successful Shift Line Service Palletising Warehouse Operative has the following skills and experience:
Palletising Understanding of production machinery and materials
Team work Positive participation as part of the team
Flexibility Adapt to change in a constructive and positive manner.
Communication Communicate clearly with colleagues and management in English.
This includes verbal, written, reading and numeracy competency.
Problem Solving Report situations/incidents in a timely manner and as required, be an active participant in the solution process.
Relationships Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect.
PC Literacy Basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Shift work Work rota days and nights
- Level 2: Foundation in Food Hygiene ( Training will be given as part of the role )
- Manual Handling experience ( Training will be given as part of the role )
- HACCP ( Training will be given as part of the role )
- FLT / pedestrian vehicle training ( Training will be given as part of the role )
The training salary for the Shift Line Service Palletising Warehouse Operative is £27,535 rising to £30,511 after being fully signed off.
Other fantastic benefits include:
5% contributory pension if matched by 3% employee contribution
Health care (Simply health level 3) which includes up to 4 children
Life assurance (3 x annual salary death in service)
21 days holiday
Training and development opportunities.
Free tea and coffee
If you are interested in the Shift Line Service Palletising Warehouse Operative role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Shift Palletising Warehouse Operative (Food Manufacturing)
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £27535 per annum
- 27 days ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, hands-on Shift Line Service Palletising Warehouse Operative to join a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area. Job Purpose To work as part of a team of line service operatives: -Operate and set up Auto... Read More
Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT (Food Manufacturing)
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £27535 per annum
- 28 days ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, hands-on Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT to join a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area. Job Purpose To work as part of a team of line service operatives within warehouse & palletising: -... Read More