Great opportunities have arisen for ambitious professionals to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Shift Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
We are supporting our client who is looking to fill two Shift Operations Manager positions on the following shift patterns:
Monday to Friday 6am - 2.30pm.
Monday to Friday 1.30pm - 10pm.
As Shift Operations Manager, you will play a key role in providing tactical management of the operation across the shift. You will be leading the Team Managers from each department, creating and actioning daily plans, and monitoring KPI's and driving performance and productivity. You will have responsibility for a team of approx. 200 employees managed through Team Managers and Team Leaders.
Responsibilities of the Shift Operations Manager will include:
- Leading management team for the shift, including operational support, coaching, development & training.
- Managing daily operation ensuring daily KPI's are achieved and highlighting/escalating where additional action and support is required.
- Planning staff effectively in accordance with customer volumes and priorities.
- Driving performance management across the shift to ensure targets and KPI's are achieved.
- Managing absence and attrition to achieve daily labour rate.
- Controlling stock and responding to warehouse queries.
- Maintaining high standards of quality, a safe working environment and compliance at all times.
Skills and experience required for Shift Operations Manager:
- Solid, proven experience of successfully leading and managing large teams in an operational environment.
- Good people management skills, the ability to lead a team successfully and the capability to influence those around you.
- Good functional knowledge of warehousing.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety in a warehouse and distribution environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft - in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook.
The successful Shift Operations Manager will receive a salary of up to £45,000 dependant on level and experience.
As an employee you will receive access to a variety of their excellent benefits which include generous holiday entitlement, online discounts, development, and career progression.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in a growing business and make a difference.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
General Manager (3PL)
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £60000 - £65000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 4 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of General Manager (3PL) at their site in Milton Keynes. The successful General Manager will take full leadership, operational and financial responsibility for managing a safe, ef... Read More