One of the UK's leading cash management distribution businesses that operates across the retail, public and financial sectors has an exciting opportunity for a Branch Shift Manager to join a very successful organisation in central Feltham on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly into the Branch Manager, your duties will include the following;
- Conduct regular performance audits to ensure adherence by staff to all relevant company systems and procedures as detailed in the Cash and Valuables in Transit (CVIT) rules and regulations and company policy manuals.
- Maximise the route profitability of all routes operated by the branch by the following;
- Costing reports on all routes, taking account of changes in hours or vehicle type.
- Regular review of the Masterfile to ensure all jobs are correctly billed and routed.
- Update branch route profitability system taking account of price increase and changes to route costing.
- Regular site reviews to ensure consistent service to clients, and monitor changes in the customer requirements
- Monitoring start and finish times of all routes ensuring that they continue to be appropriate.
- Liaise with Sales Executives to establish new business requirements for routes. Advise where customer requirements are producing adverse affects on route profitability.
- Ensure new customers are routed in the most effective way, whilst maintaining contractual requirements.
- Ensure that the company's and transport and vehicle servicing requirements adhere to both company policy and legislation, including tachographs, locks and alarm and vehicle defects.
- Provide appropriate training for staff, taking account of both company/employee needs and changes to operational procedures.
- Ensure working practice and working environment complies with Health & Safety regulations. Maintain accurate administrative and audit systems to monitor all reported accidents and near misses.
- Responsible of efficient rostering of staff, ensuring all routes and customers are effectively serviced, recognising the needs for employee leave, absence and public holidays.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying the company Health and Safety standards thereby minimising the risk of yourself and any other persons
Key to your success will be your ability to man-manage. You will be a natural people person yet firm but fair and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. A certain strength of character will be required (to praise on a job well done, and to highlight areas that need improvement).
It will be your responsibility to ensure your team feels valued and that their contribution is recognised and rewarded. You will ensure that business critical KPI's are achieved in relation to jobs, cost, and margin per hour, as well as in service level agreements ensuring that all deliveries are made when expected.
It is essential that you possess excellent communication and organisational skills with bags of common sense and customer service skills! The role would suit an individual who comes from a warehouse/parcel/logistics background, can use their initiative, is fully committed, and can manage without supervision.
This is a full-time position working 40 Hours from 11am - 7pm.
The Salary for this position is £27,000
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Transport Network Contracts Coordinator
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- £23000 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits
- 15 days ago
One of the largest postal providers in the UK has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Network Contracts Coordinator to support their sites in Bedford and Northampton. This is a full time, permanent position. This is a supporting role for the Network Contracts Solutions Manager (Tran... Read More
Night Shift Yard supervisor (Metal Recycling)
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £12.00 - £13.75 per hour
- 9 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for a Night shift Yard supervisor (Metal Recycling) Our Client is a Metal Recycling company based in Nottingham Key Responsibilities : Supervising the yard Looking after a small team of staff Having a 360 license would be a advantage Housekeeping All... Read More
Reach Truck Driver - Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £11.87 - £13.09 per hour
- 8 days ago
#WEAREBRG! BarkerRoss are recruiting for FLT Reach drivers for Mercedes-Benz Parts Logistics UK Ltd based in Tongwell, Milton Keynes *** Pay Rate £11.87 - £13.09ph depending on shift *** You will be working for a World Class luxury brand You will be responsible for undertaking general w... Read More
FLT Reach Driver
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Up to £11.00 per hour
- 3 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for FLT Reach Drivers Our Client is a large Logistics and Distribution company based in Sheffield Key Responsibilities : Loading and un loading of stock Site movement Picking All associated paperwork Job Type: Full-time, Ongoing work Salary: £11.00 p... Read More