One of the UK's leading cash management distribution businesses that operates across the retail, public and financial sectors has an exciting opportunity for a Branch Shift Manager to join a very successful organisation in Tyne & Wear on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly into the Branch Manager, your duties will include the following;
- Conduct regular performance audits to ensure adherence by staff to all relevant company systems and procedures as detailed in the Cash and Valuables in Transit (CVIT) rules and regulations and company policy manuals.
- Maximise the route profitability of all routes operated by the branch by the following;
- Costing reports on all routes, taking account of changes in hours or vehicle type.
- Regular review of the Masterfile to ensure all jobs are correctly billed and routed.
- Update branch route profitability system taking account of price increase and changes to route costing.
- Regular site reviews to ensure consistent service to clients, and monitor changes in the customer requirements
- Monitoring start and finish times of all routes ensuring that they continue to be appropriate.
- Liaise with Sales Executives to establish new business requirements for routes. Advise where customer requirements are producing adverse affects on route profitability.
- Ensure new customers are routed in the most effective way, whilst maintaining contractual requirements.
- Ensure that the company's and transport and vehicle servicing requirements adhere to both company policy and legislation, including tachographs, locks and alarm and vehicle defects.
- Provide appropriate training for staff, taking account of both company/employee needs and changes to operational procedures.
- Ensure working practice and working environment complies with Health & Safety regulations. Maintain accurate administrative and audit systems to monitor all reported accidents and near misses.
- Responsible of efficient rostering of staff, ensuring all routes and customers are effectively serviced, recognising the needs for employee leave, absence and public holidays.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying the company Health and Safety standards thereby minimising the risk of yourself and any other persons
Key to your success will be your ability to man-manage. You will be a natural people person yet firm but fair and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. A certain strength of character will be required (to praise on a job well done, and to highlight areas that need improvement).
It will be your responsibility to ensure your team feels valued and that their contribution is recognised and rewarded. You will ensure that business critical KPI's are achieved in relation to jobs, cost, and margin per hour, as well as in service level agreements ensuring that all deliveries are made when expected.
It is essential that you possess excellent communication and organisational skills with bags of common sense and customer service skills! The role would suit an individual who comes from a warehouse/parcel/logistics background, can use their initiative, is fully committed, and can manage without supervision.
This is a full-time position working 40 Hours from 11am - 7pm.
The Salary for this position is £27,000
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £29000 - £31000 per annum + plus benefits
- 11 days ago
One of the UK's leading cash management distribution businesses that operates across the retail, public and financial sectors and they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Branch Shift Manager to join their team at their Birmingham site on a full time, permanent basis. The succe... Read More
Warehouse Staff Required - Exciting New Contract
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- £10.30 - £11.00 per hour + Plus shift allowance, and overtime
- 12 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for full time Warehouse staff Our Client a Distribution Warehouse based in DE7 Key Responsibilities : Picking stock Scanning Products Packing stock Any pallet truck work Reading any associated paperwork Job Type: Full-time, Ongoing work Salary: £10.3... Read More