A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Manager cardboard packaging manufacturer & distributor based in Whittlesey, Cambs..
The Shift Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to the production and warehouse teams on their shift and will require a hands-on approach to managing processes, ensuring cohesion and maintaining the highest standards of customer care, quality control and service delivery. The Shift Manager will also have direct responsibility for shop floor data input.
This is a leadership role, which will involve training and team development - providing an environment in which employees can perform to the highest standards and develop both personally and professionally.
The Shift Manager will assume overall responsibility for:
- Leadership of the production and warehousing teams on their shift.
- Productivity, efficiency and cost control
- Reporting directly to Operations Manager
- Quality control
- Health, safety and environmental compliance
- Departmental collaboration and communication
- Raising of Non-Conformance Reports in line with the Company's procedures
- Housekeeping and equipment husbandry;
- Team development, maintaining professional standards of appearance, discipline and work ethic
- Team briefings, annual one-to-one meetings, personal development plans
- Responding to instructions from the Operations Manager or a Director of the business from time to time.
- KPI Measures:
- Fulfilment of production plans, in line with budgeted costs.
- Output per unit (shift, hour, machine, employee)
- Level of waste
- Accuracy of shop floor data, including downtime
- Levels and cost of non-conformance
- Staff engagement
- Accident, Incident and Near Miss record
- Intensity and speed of how tasks are carried out
- Organised and diligent
- Literate and numerate
- Experience of Microsoft Office; comfortable using Excel
- Ability to work to a deadline
- High attention to detail
Working hours are Monday - Thursday, 2pm - midnight pm, salary for this role is £40,000
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available