A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Manager at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Wolverhampton.
Responsible for the operation of an assigned area in terms of production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety, and human resources, whilst respecting the defined goals. Manage all aspects of the shift through collaborative working with the other Shift Managers for delivering, and where possible, exceeding, the key performance indicators within the operation. Strive to continually improve using Lean tools to reduce costs, improve production and quality
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise and coordinate with support functions to progress issues concerning production planning and resource/skill allocation to ensure delivery of products to schedule within all relevant quality specifications
- Communicate with the teams by utilising visual management, delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement
- Undertake performance management responsibility for team members, conducting appraisals and giving direction to aid good performance
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained and 'Standard Operations' adhered to
- Ensure that non-conformance is challenged and countermeasures are agreed and implemented
- Lead and motivate the team to create a high-performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced
- Through the utilisation of lean manufacturing techniques, strive to exceed the Company targets in productivity, efficiency and quality on a continuous basis
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes, production trials, model change and trial builds
- Report and act upon plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians
- Promote Total Productive Maintenance procedures to further improve the availability of the line
- Contribute in the improvement of working procedures by constantly looking for solutions to ensure the best productivity results of her/his machinery group and ensuring compliance with procedures, operating instructions and work instructions
- Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows
- Lead follow up to customer concerns. Identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues
- Ensure all external and internal auditory standards and improvement requirements are met
Internal and External Relationships
- Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities. Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team
- Interface with Production Scheduling to determine schedules for shift production
- Liaise and communicate with other departments and ensure an effective interface with is maintained
- Feedback to the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
Planning, Organising and Resources Managed
- Manage Manpower resource effectively to support customer delivery requirements and also Lean Manufacturing principles
- Drive company Absence Control Procedures (Bradford Factor) to ensure maximum attendance levels
- Deal with all personnel issues on shift including interaction with the Trade Union, in line with Company Policy and Agreements
- Responsible for training of operators for products and processes within the local team
- Manage time and attendance within Company procedures
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Provide product expertise within team, and respond to operator queries
- Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities.
- Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Ability to design, sustain processes and layouts
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving), process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team-based problem solving
- High level of numerical and analytical ability
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
- Ability to build effective relationships with work colleagues
- Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives
- Adaptable to change and varying situations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to establish logical practical solutions
- Strong people and performance management skills
- IATF16949 / ISO14001 Knowledge & Auditing Skills
- Full understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus BH & service days
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 6am - 2pm, salary for this role is £32,000.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available