An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre, hands-on Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT to join a successful food FMCG manufacturing business in the Milton Keynes area.
To work as part of a team of line service operatives within warehouse & palletising:
- operate and look after FLT vehicles within the Warehouse and outside yard area.
- Deal with drivers and ensure warehouse collections and deliveries for drivers are carried out to company process
and policies. Full health & safety for delivery collections and delivery vehicles adherence.
- Carrying out material movement functions, whilst following company policies & procedures.
- Carry out stock take on a weekly basis
- Carry out general warehouse expected duties in line with company processes.
- Maintaining a safe work environment, fully complying with legislative requirements and company
policies and procedures.
- Actively promote Health & Safety within the warehouse and palletising sections and all factory
The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and will require an individual who is flexible to work rotating days/nights across a 12 hour shift (6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am).
Responsibilities for the Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT role:
- Facilitate the smooth flow of materials throughout the production process and have an understanding of materials.
- Maintain a consistently high work ethic, allowing optimisation of line speeds at all times.
- Ensure all transport bookings (collections and deliveries) are well managed.
- Ensure vehicle loading /unloading is carried out in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure stock accuracy and maintenance of stock management system (manual & electronic) by liaising with the planning & Logistics teams, as required.
- Ensure stock counts are completed daily /weekly & when required, to assist in monthly stock counts.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound materials are scanned accurately according to the traceability procedures.
- Fully comply with all company & mandatory legislation.
- Report immediately to the Production Manager & H&S champion, any accidents, environmental spillages or issues that may potentially cause an accident or harm and raise relevant risk observation document.
- Ensure Forklift trucks and pallet trucks are driven with care and consideration at all times, with Health & Safety being first priority. Any issues, faults, breakdowns of vehicles must be reported to the service provider and Production manager.
- Ensure daily checks are completed on all Forklift vehicles, and batteries are fully kept charged.
- Differentiate between good quality and sub-standard product, and communicate clearly and deal with situations as they arise, in a timely manner and inform a Team Leader and QA co-ordinator.
- Report any anomalies immediately to a Team Leader, to ensure quality, wastage and efficiency targets are maintained.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping to provide clean, safe working areas at all times.
- Report any problems with the computer scanning system to the Team Leader and Gismo IT in a timely manner.
- You are responsible for looking after equipment i.e. ensuring that all parts of the equipment are maintained and reported in a timely manner if any part is broken and corrective action and procedural documentation is followed.
- Follow manual handing procedures at all times.
- Ensure that the clean-as-you-go policy is always maintained .
- Actively drive continuous improvement in your work area by following operation principles.
- Carry out shift handover effectively to the next team with good information flow.
- Communicate with other departments effectively to ensure day to day running of the factor is maintained.
It is essential that the successful Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT has the following skills and experience:
FLT licence FLT/ counterbalance/ Robor / Stand on truck experience (Re-training & Refresher training
will be given )
Warehouse inbound and outbound locations, raising MMR's for material stock, dealing with drivers
Team work Positive participation as part of the team
Flexibility Adapt to change in a constructive and positive manner.
Communication Communicate clearly with colleagues and management in English.
This includes verbal, written, reading and numeracy competency.
Problem Solving Report situations/incidents in a timely manner and as required, be an active participant in the solution process.
Relationships Treat all colleagues with dignity and respect.
PC Literacy Basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Shift work Work rota days and nights
- Level 2: Foundation in Food Hygiene ( Training will be given as part of the role )
- Manual Handling experience ( Training will be given as part of the role )
- HACCP ( Training will be given as part of the role )
The training salary for the Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT is £27,535 rising to £30,511 after being fully signed off.
Other fantastic benefits include:
5% contributory pension if matched by 3% employee contribution
Health care (Simply health level 3) which includes up to 4 children
Life assurance (3 x annual salary death in service)
21 days holiday
Training and development opportunities.
Free tea and coffee
If you are interested in the Shift Line Service Operative Warehouse FLT role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.