A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicestershire.
Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer:
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations and repaired when necessary to be available and fit for their purpose during production time.
- That the entire working and manufacturing environment conforms to the requirements of health and safety, food hygiene, factory, environmental and other food industry regulations and statutes.
- All aspects of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, heating, refrigeration, water, civil (building), waste disposal, environmental and food process engineering.
- Installation, maintenance and commissioning of new plant/machinery.
- Their repair selection and supervision of contractors; adherence to health and safety codes; co-ordination and management of all engineering work and having a close working relationship with Production and other Burts functions.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, tidy and secure workshop environment.
- Maintain a full inventory of tools per engineers' toolbox which are routinely checked for integrity and cleanliness.
- Issue the relevant permits to contractors for the specific task being carried out
- Execute the day-to-day tasks on the Workmate system meeting the target workload
- Monitoring, recording and controlling all engineering work to ensure that it conforms to the highest standards consistent with cost and all food safety, hygiene, quality, health and safety, along with standards and customer expectations.
- Adherence to the planned maintenance schedules for all major plant, machinery, equipment and buildings and ensuring that productions is given notice of all planned work.
- Liaising closely with all the relevant departments to provide an engineering service that helps to deliver an excellent level of customer service and conformance to customer expectations and statutory requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive & demonstrable experience working in FMCG/Food sector
- Proven track record for delivering Continuous Improvement and Change initiatives
- Experience of working in a lean operating environment
- Professional approach to the role, able to systematically diagnose engineering faults and rapidly plan/arrange/direct work to resolve problem.
- Outstanding communication ability across all levels of the business and between all functions
- Ability to work proactively with minimal direct guidance
- Expert Root Cause Problem Solving skills
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Snack food experience
- BRC & AIB knowledge
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Self-driven and results oriented. Has a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality standards
- Tough and assertive in a positive way, with an ability to make
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under (reasonable) pressure - and multi-task
- Ability to work independently, to take the initiative and propose constructive solutions - rather than simply identify problems
- Focussed on Continuous improvement, with experience in implementing processes and procedures.
- GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Training
- HACCP awareness
- Coaching skills
Hours of work are alternating shifts, 4 on 4 off, 6pm - 6am / 6am - 6pm.
Salary for this role starts from £36,000 - £41,000 plus additional 15% Shift Premium.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available