An opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at leading wholesaler of business products and services based in Leicestershire.
The Shift Engineer is responsible for maintaining and controlling all site electrical and mechanical equipment to the highest possible standards of efficiency and safety, ensuring the smooth operation of the warehouse.
- To maintain all electrical and mechanical equipment to the highest standards of efficiency and safety.
- To ensure time lost due to breakdown is minimised through a rapid response and the application of all appropriate methods and materials available.
- To assist in the installation and operation of a Planned Preventative Maintenance system for all equipment on site.
- To ensure that all equipment is regularly maintained and tested for legal, Health and Safety, and insurance purposes.
- To maintain an adequate and organised store of spare parts, always checking prices and alternative sources of supply.
- To monitor the performance of suppliers and contractors to ensure that they meet with the high standards of service and performance demanded by the company.
- To assist in the upkeep of the site buildings and facilities.
Knowledge & Experience required
- Hold appropriate qualifications to meet all relevant electrical and mechanical legislation.
- At least 3 years' experience in a relevant electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Basic welding
- Knowledge of PLCs, Conveyor systems, Automatic stacker cranes, Pneumatic systems.
Shifts are Monday - Friday, double days - 6-14:30 and 12:00 to 20:30.
Pay rate is £14.90p/h depending on experience, this role is temporary with the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available