Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Service Manager - Young People (Greenwich), 37.5 hours, £17.23ph, 2-3 months
To provide day to day management of the Royal Borough of Greenwich Services and lead the team to deliver a high quality service to young people with a range of complex and enduring needs. Specifically in relation to leaving care, offending behaviour, gang affiliation and anti-social behaviour.
You will be working within an asset based framework, to ensure that young people's needs and aspirations are at the centre of the support planning process. You will manage the team to ensure that all aspects of the service are delivered to the highest standards, that they are fully compliant with organisational values and contractual requirements and also that they reflect current good practice.
You will be overseeing a board team which will include front line staff, junior managers & specialist staff. You will be working as part of a wider management team within the youth services.
- A proven track record of staff and service management and demonstrable ability to manage staff performance and motivate staff members to perform effectively.
- Experience of managing accommodation based services with a variety of tenures and knowledge of the associated housing management and health and safety requirements
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing staff that work with the range of issues involved in the delivery of quality services to young people who may be at risk or looked after with complex needs including offending and gang affiliation.
- Experience and an in-depth understanding of the principles and delivery of risk and needs assessment, Safeguarding young people within a strengths model, and the ability to share this and support others to deliver this.
Knowledge and Abilities
- An ability to provide flexible and client centred solutions to problems of behaviour. Also the ability to embed psychologically informed methods of work within an accommodation setting.
- A demonstrably high level of numeracy, literacy and comprehension in order to be able to contribute to budget setting, monitor expenditure, write reports and review, analyse and extrapolate from written information.
- Strong networking skills, and proven ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to take part in an out of hours paid 'On Call' system on a rota basis.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Service Manager - Young People and Homelessness
- South East London, London
- £32000 - £36000 per annum
- 20 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futu... Read More
Extra Care Scheme Manager
- Loughborough, Leicestershire
- £13.00 - £16.00 per hour
- 14 days ago
Extra Care Scheme Manager Job type: Housing / Project Manager Client type: Accommodation services for older people Location: Loughborough Salary: £13.00 - £16.00 per hour Hours: 25 hours a week (Monday to Friday) Contract type: Temporary - 2 month contract Barker Ross Healthcare are cur... Read More
Nursing Homes Manager
- Lowestoft, Suffolk
- £45000 - £60000 per annum
- 24 days ago
Nursing Home Manager Lowestoft Up to £60,000 You will be required to be a home manager that has a nursing background and proven track record of a good and consistent CQC rating throughout their career. We are looking for a passionate leader that enjoys the challenges that care homes bri... Read More
Team Manager - Substance Misuse / Recovery (Lewisham)
- Lewisham, London
- Up to £27800 per annum
- 10 days ago
Our client is a large charity and housing association that support people overcoming drug and alcohol problems. They provide residential, prison, community and specialist services. Position Available: Team Manager - Lewisham, Permanent, 37.5 hours, £27,800pa including London weighting. ... Read More
- Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Up to £9.74 per hour + plus on call payments
- about 1 month ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for an extra care manager to manage a residential home which specialise in Dementia, Eating disorders, Learning disabilities, Mental health conditions, Personal care, Physical disabilities, Sensory impairments, Caring for adults under 65 yrs, Caring ... Read More