We are working alongside a leading independent supplier of monitoring and test equipment who are looking to recruit a Service Manager.
Following a successful training period, you will improve all aspects of aftersales service offering to a range of UK and European customers.
Although the role is predominantly office based you will undertake a number of service calls on-site at customer sites throughout the UK. As such, being located within a commutable distance to our head office in south Leicestershire would be desirable.
- Improve all aspect of the company aftersales service offering.
- Control service/aftersales documentation, procedures and processes
- Oversee control or warehouse goods in - goods out.
- Improve after sales workflow processes from order receipt through to delivery, installation.
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Further develop service and aftersales team to include recruitment of service personnel.
- Set up and maintaining a service ticket desk system
- Undertake circa 5-8 service visits per month
- Increase overall service revenues and maintain minimum profit margins.
- Service sales visits to customers to up-sell products and after sales services.
- Maintaining customer relationships with new and old customers and improving response and delivery times
- Updating service methods to improve overall efficiency
- Resolve any service problems and customer complaints
- Create and present regular reports to management/sales team
- You will have experience of similar technical Field Service Management work and, ideally, knowledge of equipment calibration, software updates, repairs & maintenance.
- Experience in data acquisition systems, basic networking, DC & AC power supplies would also be advantages.
- Educated to HNC/HND, Degree level or other industry-recognized training would also be desirable.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications with a good overall knowledge of IT equipment.
- We offer a competitive salary subject to your experience.
- We include 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays, pension scheme, quarterly performance incentives, private healthcare & insurance cover (when on company business), a mobile phone, Dell laptop computer, company credit card for travel expenses such as hotels & flights, a per-diem day rate for refreshments and meals when on company business.
- Mileage will be paid at standard rates for the use and provision of your own car and reimbursed against approved trip reports & claims.
- Training will be part at our offices and part on-site.
- Further equipment training would also be provided in the USA after an initial 12-24 Months of service