We are working alongside a leading independent supplier of monitoring and test equipment who are looking to recruit a Service Engineer.
Following a successful training period, you will perform on-site equipment service, upgrades, maintenance, iso calibration, and troubleshooting on a range of specialist test and research equipment to both our UK and European customers.
Although the role is predominantly on-site at customer sites you will also have some monthly office-based activities as part of your responsibilities. As such being located within a commutable distance to our head office in south Leicestershire would be desirable.
- Visiting customer sites in both the UK and mainland Europe to undertake routine equipment service, system calibration, and software updates.
- Installation & configuration of exchange parts as well as system upgrades.
- Completion of service reports by hand, tablet, and or laptop PC.
- Due to the location of some of our customers, there is a requirement to stay away from home when not in the office depending on the ultimate customer location and nature of the service works. This could range from a single night to four nights a week and would vary on a per-customer / per job basis.
- Provide a consistently high standard of customer service in both written, on-site presence, and verbal form.
- To include telephone and email customer support along with troubleshooting and/or further assistance as necessary.
- You will have experience of similar technical Field Service work and knowledge of equipment calibration, software updates, repairs & maintenance.
- Experience in data acquisition systems, basic networking, DC & AC power supplies would also be advantages.
- Educated to HNC/HND, Degree level or other industry-recognized training would also be desirable.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications with a good overall knowledge of IT equipment.
- We offer a competitive salary subject to your experience.
- We include 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays, pension scheme, quarterly performance incentives, private healthcare & insurance cover (when on company business), a mobile phone, Dell laptop computer, company credit card for travel expenses such as hotels & flights, a per-diem day rate for refreshments and meals when on company business.
- Mileage will be paid at standard rates for the use and provision of your own car and reimbursed against approved trip reports & claims.
- Training will be part at our offices and part on-site.
- Further equipment training would also be provided in the USA after an initial 12-24 Months of service