Our client is one of the largest recyclers of steel in the UK. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Treasury Accountant
The Senior Treasury Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management, ensuring funds are in the right place, at the right time, in the right currency, with the right information.
- Providing and presenting daily cash reports to senior management in order to help with production planning and working capital management.
- Maintain and review the rolling 13-week cash flow forecast on a weekly basis, ensuring accuracy and having attention to detail is essential, preparing the weekly cash flow forecasts to a specific deadline for the timely submission to senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for setting up and managing new bank accounts on the banking system and maintaining a good working relationship with the bank.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving ad hoc queries and issues arising from the reconciliation and control of the banking systems and accounts.
- Checking and approving payment runs with the banking system, ensure that they are in line with various approvals and highlighting and resolving any discrepancies.
- Responsible for seeking appropriate authorisations in line with bank mandates.
- Liaise with master data team/AP team, reviewing changes to supplier bank details to ensure accuracy of master data contained within LN.
- Close liaison with the central Treasury in managing foreign currency positions to ensure sufficient funds are available for all foreign payments, and to minimise financial risk to the company.
- Responsible for updating monthly exchange rates in the ERP.
- Comply with security, external and internal audit requirements.
- Comply with the internal GFG treasury policy.
- Advise AP team of any returned monies in relation to supplier payments made.
- Identify and escalate potential systems and process improvements in order to promote continuous improvement and increased efficiency.
- Maintain standard operating procedures documentation, addresses and contacts.
- Support all funding administration.
- Work in conjunction with other finance team members in order to maximise service performance and foster a team working culture.
The successful Senior Treasury Accountant will have:
- A high standard of general education, including maths GCSE or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of accounting software packages, including LN are desirable.
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Office preferred.
- Strong team working and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload, attention to detail and strong mathematical skills are essential.
Benefits for the Senior Treasury Accountant role include:
Upto £40,000 per annum
35 days holiday
Competitive pension scheme upto 16%
If you are interested in the Senior Treasury Accountant role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available