A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor (Mechanical) at a supplier and installer of pipe systems based in Buckingham.
Working within a small multi-disciplined team controlling various projects at any one time from order placement to final account and ensuring optimum profits are achieved from each contract. To anticipate and respond to client needs to ensure we offer an exceptional service.
Responsible for but not limited to the following items:
- Checking the clients order/ contract documents and liaising with the Contracts Director & Project Manager
- Reading the order/contract documents to identify any clauses, terms & conditions deemed unacceptable and responding to the client agreeing revised conditions with the client
- Ensuring the client receives the signed order or contract documents or if applicable raise an Order Acceptance letter
- Updating the Order Acceptance Register
- Visiting sites during installations for valuation purposes
- Dealing with client and sub-contractor contract variations/compensation events etc
- Liaising with the client and our Project Manager to ensure we have all relevant information to price variations.
- Price the variations, liaising with the Estimating Department, if necessary, within the contractually required period.
- Ensuring we receive priced variation orders from our client in time to carry out variation works and advise client of any effect that variations have on the installation programme
- Acting on information received from Project Managers regarding delays to contract installation programmes and advising client of any costs and effects that the delays may have caused
- Dealing with change management
- Dealing with loss and expense accounts on each project
- Monitoring contract costs and highlighting to the Contracts Director should there be a shortfall in projected project profitability
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure applications for payment are in the correct format, dispatched on time and in line with the contract requirements
- Producing and submitting interim applications inclusive of variations
- Agreeing interim applications inclusive of variations with client QS, including attendance at site meetings, if necessary
- Checking on progress and ensuring records are being kept and issued to client QS
- Issuing notices via an Early Warning Notice, Notice of Compensation Event format
- Defending the client's position with regards to contra charges (up to the point that a formal dispute arises under the contract)
- Reporting to the client's management team on a monthly basis, to forecast final account sums
- In conjunction with our Project Managers compile draft final accounts and liaise with clients QS to reach a satisfactory account agreement
- Agreeing final accounts with any sub-contract installers and sub-contractors, as above
- Ensuring application payments from clients are received on time
- Ensuring retention payments are applied for and are received on time
- Overseeing chasing overdue monies
- Chase clients who have deducted monies from a payment to establish their reasons. After discussions with the Contracts Director respond accordingly giving reasons why monies should not be withheld
- Liaising with the clients and sub-contractors to ensure the smooth running of the contract whilst maximising profits
- Ensuring familiarity and full understanding of relevant forms of contract such as JCT and all variations of the NEC contract
The Senior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor must have the following skills:
- Candidates are to be an Associate member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS) or possess an Honours degree (BSc) in Quantity Surveying.
- We would expect a minimum of five years' experience within a similar role and have extensive experience of working for a contractor type organisation.
- Applicants should have extensive experience using major forms of contract such as JCT and all variations of NEC, and be capable of liaising with QS's, Project Managers, sub-contractors and suppliers to control all the financial elements of the projects from tender stage to final completion, including preparation of valuations, priced variations and final accounts.
- Applicants should have good IT and communication skills, be well organised, and attention to detail is a must.
- Building services, Mechanical Services, HVAC, Groundworks/Civil or Construction works experience would be an advantage.
Working Hours are Monday - Thursday 8.45am - 5.00pm and Fridays 9am - 4pm.
Salary for this role starts from £60,000 + car allowance of £5,000 per year.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07824 016 223.