Senior Quantity Surveyor- Derby- Competitive salary, Holidays 25 days (plus bank hols), Pension, Health Care (after 2 years of service), Sick Pay, Discount scheme, Yearly reviews / PDR, Training / Progression plan, Phone, Laptop (to the required specification you need) & equipment, Expenses
UK's leading sustainable structural frame contractor, working with blue chip clients to produce outstanding mass timber builds. Their expertise extends across all major sectors and can be seen in many of the UK's most recognisable projects. Their aspiration is to deliver Structural Steel & Engineered Timber/Hybrid projects to the highest quality, achieving ultimate client satisfaction and maintaining long standing and new relationships.
The person will be required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintain commercial information and ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on all commercial aspects, ensuring that projects are carried out successfully and to the required standard.
- Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
- Carry out cost management including forecasting
- Attend meetings with clients both pre and post award
- Update the monthly CVR/WIP, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy
- Maintain deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar
- Ensure that commercial processes/procedures are adhered to across the business unit.
- Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
- Complete the negotiation, completion and administration of all JCT/NEC and bespoke forms of sub-contract
- Ensure that the supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions
- Have the ability to challenge resources and costs
- Engage with the supply chain and issue accurate enquiries and obtain compliant/competitive sub-contract quotations for elements of the works
- Ensure that good client relationships are fostered, negotiation and financial accounting
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
Key Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a QS/Senior QS role
- Knowledge of Structural Steelwork/Timber is preferred, but not essential
- Good understanding and ability for operating the Microsoft office software (Word/Excel/Outlook in particular)
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise numerous tasks at a time
- Ability to work within allocated time scales to meet the requirements of our clients
- Ability to communicate and work within a team to ensure an understanding of all aspects of each project is gathered and maintained
- Good punctuality, pro-active approach, communication and presentation skills
- Ambition to progress your career to understand new methods of construction within the supply chain of B&K Structures
- Full UK driving licence
Please note that we cannot consider candidates who require sponsorship, and you must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Skaidre Veckyte at Barker Ross on 07824016223 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com