Senior Land Manager
Location: South West
Hours Per Week:37.5
You will be reporting to the Development Director, to manage all aspects of strategic land function to ensure new opportunities are secured and existing sites are successfully promoted to facilitate the delivery of strategic land in line with Divisional targets.
· Identify new development opportunities through a range of methods such as examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of use, liaising with agents and utilising an extensive contact base
· Negotiate terms and securing sites, including initial due diligence, formulating offers, managing the legal process and obtaining the necessary internal approvals in a timely and robust manner
· Oversee the promotion of the strategic land bank, appointing and managing external consultants (where required), and liaising with other internal functions including technical and sales
· Monitor the strategic land portfolio having regard to national and local planning policy to identify where opportunities/risks exist
· Assist in preparing planning applications/appeals
· Ensure landowners and their agents are kept fully updated on a regular basis
· Co-ordinate the viability process and agreeing land values with owners/agents
· Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
· Undertake community engagements as necessary
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
· An excellent understanding of the planning system and planning policy at both regional and national levels
· Familiarity with all legal and contractual aspects of the land process
· A proven track record in successfully promoting land through the planning system
· Individual who is ideally, either qualified to degree standard in a relevant subject such as Planning or Surveying or commensurate experience.
· Sound geographical knowledge of the area
· Ability to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
· Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Able to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts
· Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker
· An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue new development opportunities
· An extensive contact base
Our client has been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder ten years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because they combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting their customers first. They are seeking the best people in the industry to help shape the future of building.
Our client is building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. They are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for this amazing client.
· Competitive Salary
· Competitive Bonus Scheme
· Company Car or Car Allowance
· Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
· Annual Health Assessment
· 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
· Choice of Flexible Benefits
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Area Cleaning Manager
- Yorkshire and the Humber, England
- Up to £25000 per annum + car, laptop, phone & company benefits.
- 28 days ago
Are you an experienced Area Cleaning Manager? Do you have experience of managing a team within multiple sectors of the cleaning industry? Are you based in Yorkshire? If so then please send a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org A facilities management company with a great passion f... Read More