Our client is a large charity and housing association that support people overcoming homelessness, mental health issues and drug and alcohol problems. They provide residential, prison, community and specialist services.
Position Available: Senior HR Advisor - South West London, 37.5 hours, temporary 3-4 months, £32kpa
REPORTS TO: Head of HR and Quality
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of HR and Quality, the overall purpose of this role is to provide a proactive and generalist HR service and advice across the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- HR Database and Reporting
- Act as first point of contact for the HR Database
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the HR database, ensuring that the HR Assistant records and keeps the database fully up to date and system changes are correctly implemented.
- To be responsible for the troubleshooting of issues escalating them where appropriate.
- Produce reports on a range of issues, to include sickness/absence management, staff turnover and employee life cycle data.
- Assist in ensuring that managers and staff are fully trained on all relevant elements of the HR Database.
- Employee Relations
- Provide HR advice and guidance to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, absence / attendance management, maternity, paternity, flexible working requests, probationary periods, remuneration and benefits.
- Produce all employment related correspondence for employees, ensuring all employee changes are fully documented and that electronic and paper based files are maintained in line with the guidance on general data protection legislation and internal protocols.
- To be responsible for monitoring sickness absence records and flagging any concerns with managers.
- Support the Senior HR Officer with employee relations cases as required including Bullying and Harassment, Conduct, Performance Management, and Sickness absence in line with Policies, Employment Law and best practice.
- Ensure the
- Recruitment and Selection
- To advise managers on recruitment and selection issues, including the development of job descriptions, person specifications, the job evaluation process and the selection processes.
- Assist managers in the preparation and writing of job descriptions and ensure accurate version control of all job descriptions across the Charity.
- Work on a one-to-one basis to advise recruiting managers to operate objectively, using evidence-based criteria and working within legal parameters.
- General duties
- Ensure that Managers are aware of (and use) HR policies and procedures effectively, treating. employees fairly, in line with good practice and legislative requirements.
- Assist the HR Manager with the organisation of mandatory staff training.
- Make recommendations for improvements in processes where appropriate.
- Deliver a HR service to customers which is respected for its professionalism and helps the department to consistently deliver effective and efficient business performance
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as reasonably requested by the HR Manager.
- Demonstrable experience of providing a confident HR advisory service to managers and employees covering generalist activity
- Experience of writing formal HR meeting notes
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
HR and Resourcing Administrator - Twickenham
- Twickenham, London
- £20000 - £23000 per annum
- 4 days ago
Our client is a large charity and housing association that support people overcoming homelessness, mental health issues and drug and alcohol problems. They provide residential, prison, community and specialist services. Position Available: HR and Resourcing Administrator - Twickenham, 3... Read More
- Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Up to £9.01 per hour
- 26 days ago
Support Worker Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire Salary: £9.01 per hour Job type: Temporary & temp to perm opportunities Hours: Full time / Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Support ... Read More