Our client is a highly successful blue chip professional services company in Milton Keynes; due to continued success they are now looking to recruit an experienced Senior Financial Systems Analyst
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for the successful implementation and subsequent maintenance of the integrity of the financial systems supporting the UK distribution and wholesale businesses.
The role will encompass initial systems implementation, development of financial and statistical reporting, and maintenance of pricing data.
The role will report to the UK Finance Director and will cooperate with colleagues in IT, Finance and Commercial departments.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work with colleagues in IT, Finance, and outside consultants to ensure a successful implementation of new WHMS and Financial software.
- Responsibility for coordinating developments and projects with colleagues in IT, Finance, and the Commercial team.
- Ensure that financial systems fully support the business and are compliant with all financial standards and legal requirements.
- Responsible for developing, producing, and circulating information and reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as needed by the business.
- Assist in supporting customer information requirements and developing customer reporting interfaces.
- Responsible for maintaining key data tables and in particular controlling pricing set up and changes.
- Become the focal point for user support in terms of information requirements from the new system.
- Help to develop user knowledge and self -help ability to maximise the effectiveness of the system.
The ideal Senior Financial Systems Analyst will have the following skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of data query and ad hoc reporting tools - knowledge of SQL and ideally Crystal Reports (training can be provided)
- Must have some ERP systems experience preferably with Epicor Prophet 21, but specific system knowledge can be trained
- Needs strong knowledge of accounting (ERP) systems and accounting practices
- Requires strong spreadsheet and data analysis skills (MS Excel and MS Access preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- (SQL, Crystal Reports)
- Requires attention to detail and an analytical approach.
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual, and regular attendance
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology, and procedure to job responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, IT
- 5 years' experience working with ERP
- 5 years' experience with data analysis in a Finance/Accounting environment
Benefits for the Senior Financial Systems Analyst:
Salary: £44,000 per annum
Company Pension scheme
Business Travel insurance
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Systems Analyst role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.