An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Design Engineer at a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services based in Coalville
Working with the Jaw Crusher Manager, the Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of new and maintenance of existing Jaw Crushers, as identified by Product Management within defined timescales.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to Jaw crushers.
- Follow Group standards of in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
- To supervise and control sub-contract design personnel as may be required from time to time.
- To manage, mentor, coach and help develop design engineers.
- To conduct on-site trials etc to help generate comprehensive application database.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Jaw crushers.
- Assist design/development of Jaw and Cone crushers as may be required.
- Drive standardization of components and sub-assemblies within the static crushing and screening products
- To support the Jaw, Cone and Impact platform Lead Engineers as and when required.
- National and International Travel may be required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years' experience in heavy equipment design
- Previous design experience of aggregate equipment an advantage
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design.
- Working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Project management experience and advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to direct multiple personnel, across several MP locations
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines with given resources
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident
- Able investigate root cause of machinery non performance
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
Shifts are Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5pm and Friday 8:30am - 2pm
Salary is £37,000 - £40,000 depending on experience plus bonus
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Gravesend, Kent
- £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Package
- 9 days ago
Welding Engineer - Offsite Construction/Manufacturing - Northfleet, Kent - £35K-£40K + Package Company A strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high perform... Read More