Senior Control Systems Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Control Systems Engineer to join a reputable and successful manufacturer of specialist equipment to several sectors including construction, logistics and distribution. Through investment in staff, manufacturing equipment and technology they maintain an ongoing commitment to produce high-quality innovative products.
The primary duty is to perform high-level Control System engineering activities, overseeing the work of Engineers to ensure a common approach to Control System design.
Although some flexibility will be required the working hours for this position are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret product and sub-system requirements into functional design specifications.
- Generate electrical and software architectures at both a product and sub-system level.
- Produce high-level design concepts to meet specified requirements.
- Generate electrical component specifications.
- Generate software specifications.
- Oversee the design and development of software.
- Sign off technical content.
- Support the commissioning of products, from initial debug to functionality verification.
- Represent the Control Systems team in projects ranging from New Product Development to Value Engineering.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of several Engineers.
- Support continuous improvement by being involved in the generation and updating of departmental design processes.
- Interface with other areas of the Engineering function to ensure the efficient integration of the control system into the wider product.
- Be able to work on projects ranging from sub-system concepts to proven production machines.
- Manage project work and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A strong academic background.
- A degree in a relevant field (candidates without a degree will be considered if they can demonstrate extensive and relevant industry experience).
- Experience in electrical system design and development for complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience in using design tools such as AutoCAD and CREO.
- Experience in leading or mentoring Engineers.
- Knowledge of PLC programming using CODESYS.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety.
- An appreciation of Engineering standards e.g. BS EN ISO 13849 or BS EN 62061.
- Experience in software development using MS Visual Studio (C, C#, C++) advantageous.
- Experience in 3D CAD advantageous.
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
- 40 working hours per week (08:00 - 16:30, Monday - Friday)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday (holiday entitlement increases with service)
- Annual bonus (on average £500 per annum)
- 5% Contributory Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme
- Free Company Lunches
- Free Company Family Days
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme