Senior Children's Residential Worker
Location: Derbyshire / Burton
Salary: £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (days and nights available on rota basis)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for Senior Children's Support Worker on behalf of a client based across Derbyshire and Burton. This will involve supporting in a 3 bed EBD setting providing the best service to the children under your care.
- Lead shifts and plan the rota
- Encourage, support and guide members of the staff team
- Attend Case Reviews, Planning Meetings and any other meetings as required
- Undertake specific administration tasks within the unit as directed by the Home Manager
- Actively participate in supervision, appraisal, training, meetings & consultancies
- Maintain records as required
- Contribute to the development of the young people through the provision of a healthy life style
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the young people are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met
- Contribute to care planning and the implementation of these plans
- Be the Key Worker for individuals
- Help to maintain a clean environment within the home and undertaking health & safety duties as required
- Liaison with relatives, significant others and other agencies
- To know and understand each young person's health plan and adhere to the procedures and recording in the safe administration of medication
- You will be working within our Children's Residential Care Home for children and young people of mixed gender aged between 11 - 17 years with complex needs including Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, Challenging behaviour and sexual trauma.
- You will be responsible for providing a high standard of specialised personal care for children and young people, focussing on their education, behaviour and physical and mental well-being in order to achieve a positive outcome such as a long-term foster placement or a successful transition to independent living.
- You will be responsible for supporting the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager with the day-to-day running of the Children's Residential Care Home including providing professional support, guidance and supervision to the staff team.
Must have recent experience as a Senior Residential Worker
Full UK drivers licence
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Sean at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 941 8131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.