Job Title: Senior Buyer
Reporting to Director
Salary £40,000 per annum
Purpose of the Position: To support the continued growth of our business you will ensure the effective management and flow of packaging and raw materials through the business in order to meet and exceed customer demand.
- Scheduling and managing of Raw Materials (chilled, Frozen and ambient category), Packaging materials and ancillary items (chemicals, PPE, stationary etc.) to ensure order fulfillment.
- Maintain the settings of codes/delisted suppliers as well as supplier questionnaires.
- Participate in end of week/month stock audits
- Manage the supplier process to ensure deliveries are made effectively and efficiently
- Review and process approved requisitions orders to ensure accuracy and correct line item specifications, prepare purchase orders and send copies to vendors and to originating departments.
- Maintain the purchasing database and management of the procurement system.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Procurement of samples for Kitchen/factory for NPD trails from the approved suppliers and collate supplier information for technical.
- Liaise with NPD/Production and Technical department for suitability of raw material/Packaging Material and quality assessment.
- Check inventory stocks physically or through automated systems to validate that restocking is in order.
- Liaise with other departments to accurately plan and order the ingredients and packaging as required.
- Determine inventory quantities are sufficient for needs and order more if warranted; interface with production department supervisors and leads to adjust ordering activity proactively to address current and future plant needs.
- Communicate all rejections made back to the supplier and to manage the process effectively
- Ensure that raw material and packaging specification adhere to customer policies
- Contact vendors to ensure meeting delivery schedules and to preclude missed deliveries.
- Liaising with warehouse at all production sites to maintain stock
- To correspond with all production personnel in respect to goods ordered and ensure FIFO is followed
- Ensure artwork is approved and printed in a timely manner.
- Deputise in absence of line manager and ensure department is running smmothly
SPECIFIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
Fluency of English language
Numerical ability to record,
Interpret and analyse key process data.
Experience of managing a team in a process environment
SAP and NX systems
Dynamic, Proactive and Analytical skills
The ability to identify and actively plan improvements.
Ability to meet set deadlines and flexible to work as per the business requirement
Effective communicator who
facilitates bottom up and top
down communication channels
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07824016224
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available