This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As BIM Leader you will initially be responsible for helping develop a Digitally Enabled Agile Manufacturing (DEAM) platform to support an advanced volumetric modular production facility. This platform will incorporate some sophisticated IT systems including a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) module, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) module, a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) module, a Building Energy Management System (BEMS) module, and some ancillary software solutions. A particular focus of this role will be the development of the PLM module, and then the close integration of the same with the ERP and MES modules. The PLM module itself will include a modelling system and an associated rule-based design assistant; a structured parts library; a BIM objects library; workflow management software and document management software.
The initial work will cover setting up the new modelling system and an associated rule-based design assistant; along with the structured parts library which in itself involve engagement with potential supply chain partners to help create and populate structured product data templates. In addition, the work will involve helping to develop modelling-to-machine interface logic in order to drive production equipment directly from BIM structures, plus setting up the business' core BIM logic and securing external accreditation. Finally, the initial work will involve helping to develop an Organisational Information Requirements (ORI) strategy for the business mapped against RIBA Plan of Work logic.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map out the technical digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Help to map and specify all modelling-to-machine digital information flows to support the introduction of an advanced Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Help to map out the technical design workflow against the RIBA Plan of Work
- Lead the work on the structured parts library including engagement with potential supply chain partners to help create / populate / maintain structured product data templates
- Help to support the development of the rule-based design assistant work to facilitate an effective, efficient and robust design process
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures for design and engineering to cover both manufacturing and installation type activities
- Help to build relationships with key players across consultancy and potential supply chain partners
- Play an active role in the role definition, recruitment and on-boarding of the new technical team
- Play an active role in the development and user acceptance testing of the DEAM platform
- Help to develop an Organisational Information Requirements (OIR) strategy for the business which can be used to measure BIM implementation success
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant architectural / technician discipline
- Direct exposure to and management experience of multi-disciplinary BIM in an offsite manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience within design function of manufacturing environments
- Advanced understanding of PLM and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of MES and implementation experience advantageous
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Inventor or Solidworks, and experience of iLogic or similar programming languages
- Exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge of the PAS 1192 framework and COBie schema
- Prior experience of securing external BIM accreditation
- Fully conversant with CDM Regulations and other relevant construction / manufacturing industry technical standards
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available