MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To Manage the delivery of all site services to meet the requirements of the contract and to ensure the smooth running of the premises for the school and for other users. This covers management of all onsite maintenance and the provision of the all internal and external services sites to a high standard and in accordance with the Service Level Agreements (SLA's) or as directed by the contract Manager. To effectively manage the site controlling team to ensure all services are delivered professionally in accordance with the SLA's. To ensure all staff are aware of the required contract standards in all areas of service delivery.
To constantly check all areas of the building to ensure maintenance is undertaken efficiently.To record any damage to the building or health and safety issues with the helpdesk and relevant school staff. To manage the rota and all necessary cover over a 7 day period. To ensure that maintenance stock is ordered weekly and stored safely on site. To ensure that the Cleaning Supervisor conducts a regular stock check. To ensure all staff are provided with and wear standard uniform and PPE. To constantly strive to increase performance levels and customer satisfaction and to manage all costs. To conduct at least a weekly walk around arranged with a member of school staff to assess any areas for remedial action. To carry out audits as required. To lead by example and to be an active part of the site controlling team when required.
Hours : Mon - Friday 07:00 -18:30
- To manage the delivery of all services within the schools in accordance with the contract SLA's and to ensure the smooth running of the school. To manage the standard of building maintenance, cleanliness, security, and grounds to the highest of standards.
- To undertake regular inspections of the building to ensure that all reactive maintenance are logged with the helpdesk and appropriate action taken.
- To be familiar with all of the plant within the school and to have a good understanding of the workings of the BMS system and its functions.
- To manage any staff and there work load appropriately and manage any staff performance issues. To maintain suitable records for sickness, performance related or discipline issues. To carry out basic staff training and record.
- To ensure all staff understand the correct use of all substances and to manage and maintain the COSHH register in relation to the use of all products.
- To ensure all team members understand the risk assessments for the activities which they are undertaking including lone working, manual handling, safe guarding of children and all other activities.
- To manage a minor maintenance budget and to check that all works carried out on site are completed satisfactorily. To manage spares and parts on site and there use and reorder.
- To manage and monitor all waste removal and disposal and to ensure the bin store stays locked and secured through out the day.
- To ensure all statutory checks are completed and that all staff are aware of their obligations in carrying out these tests.
- To complete all audit paperwork as directed by your line manager
- To ensure adequate staff cover is maintained during both term time and shutdown periods to allow the schools to be maintained and serviced appropriately.
- To complete and agree works schedules for shutdown periods and to provide in writing a schedule to be completed to each school in a timely fashion.
- To promote staff motivation and a proactive working ethos with all staff members
- To suitably discipline any member of staff who constantly fall below acceptable standards of service delivery and to provide guidance and direction to staff who are not achieving the desired standards
- To manage all contractors whilst on site in all activities and services
- To observe and comply with the Health and Safety Policy and Codes of Practice as outlined in the health and safety folder.
- To comply with instructions relating to security and confidentiality.
- To ensure that you and your team conduct themselves in a professional and smart manner at all times and wear any uniform or PPE as provided
- To attend and deliver any company training as required by your manager
- To act as incident controller in the event of an emergency and to coordinate all appropriate personnel and actions.
- To be flexible in assisting with staff shortfalls or emergency situations.
- To constantly strive to cut costs
- To constantly strive to deliver excellence in customer service
- To live the company ethos of people, places and potential
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up and is not exhaustive. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
If you are intrested in the role please give George @ Barker Ross a call on 02037577048.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.