Are you an experienced caretaker/maintenance worker and would like a pivotal role in your local community? Do you have experience of being a key-holder and relish the responsibility and challenge this can bring?
We require a caretaker on behalf of a primary school in Slough. This exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to work on a temporary basis with potential to continue further, this role is covering for a sickness absence. The hours will be 8am - 4pm and you will need to be available to start immediately.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Slough and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant with a 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Locking or unlocking of the school as required and ensuring general security of the site
- Routine maintenance of school buildings and grounds by undertaking minor repair work, for example changing light bulbs, erecting shelves, painting and redecorating, or minor plumbing
- Cleaning duties including litter, bins and toilets
- Occasional moving of heavy objects for example stock, furniture or equipment
- Overseeing of external contractors visiting the school site
- Support the school policies and procedures, for example relating to child safeguarding and data protection, and contributing to the school ethos as a whole
- Previous experience of working in a similarly responsible site role, preferably within a school
- Ability to relate well to children and adults alike
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations and safe storage of materials
- Basic health & safety knowledge, and willingness to adhere to the Code of Safe Working Practice (COSWP) for Caretaking and Premises Staff
- A background in plumbing, woodwork or general 'handy-work' or DIY would be advantageous
- The willingness to learn and train on the job
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team, and a professional and proactive attitude
All candidates will be subject to Barker Ross child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process, and the cost of any new police check (DBS) required will be met by the candidate. If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact George, via email or telephone at the London Barker Ross Branch
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.