Our client is an international leading manufacturer of special purpose engineering products based in South Leicestershire.
Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent Sales Key Account Manager.
The Sales Key Account Manager role is to manage the trusted dealer and distributor network in delivering the highest quality products to a very demanding market.
They will drive new sales within the territories; creating consistent growth; looking for new opportunities, with a thorough understanding for the company's products throughout the industry.
Representing the brand to the highest of standards globally and driving markets to deliver their potential and beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the global distributors and dealers
- Work to develop existing Distributor and dealer relationships and cultivate new ones
- Work to develop existing OEM relationships and cultivate new ones
- Achieve and work to beat agreed sales targets
- Provide commercial product training where necessary
- Trade Show management - overseeing shows and attending where necessary
- Global travel supporting distributor network and attending sales meetings
- Prepare sales plan / budget and agree with Director of Sales, Finance and MD
- Work with the marketing department to support the team and distributors with sales and marketing material.
- Report directly to the Director of Sales, and work closely with the senior management team
- Create performance related reports/analysis (i.e., leads, prospects, opportunities, KPIs, etc.) to Director of Sales & senior management team
- Build and maintain a good relationship with customer base
- Create new customer opportunities
- Sell products into new applications within the industry or in an industry relevant to the product; understanding the core products and their application, assisting with technical support to distributor network and clients
- Share market feedback to products, trends and opportunities direct to the NPI and Management team.
- Assist/lead with market research for new product development.
- Review customer Price List
- Ability to perform an initial review of Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and liaise accordingly with the Director of Sales & senior management team
The ideal Sales Key Account Manager candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic technical/engineering knowledge
- Problem solving, and positive attitude
- Proactive and autonomous whilst maintaining a team player attitude
- Ability to elaborate and deliver effective solutions autonomously and as a part of one or more teams
- Proven successful record in distribution sales showing continuous growth, succeeding, and exceeding targets
- Experience presenting solution/ideas to customers.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate work with tight deadlines
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to gather feedback from customers and the wider market, and feed them back to the company to help assessing the opportunity for a product improvement as well as the development of new products
- Excellent Social Media knowledge (i.e., LinkedIn and Instagram) and other venues to access the target market and help promoting the brand
- Ability to analyse businesses and markets through relevant tools
- Must have clean driving licence and own a car
- Must have current valid passport
- Second language is a bonus, preferably Italian or Dutch
- Full ability to travel abroad according to all recent travel requirements
- Ability to travel for prolonged periods of time (i.e., 3 weeks) when required
Achievement Orientation - The determination to set and meet high standards, exceeding norms, and expectations.
Business Awareness - An understanding of the processes and issues relevant to the job. This ranges from job knowledge to an appreciation of complex internal and external business issues/trends.
Communication - The ability to speak and write to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and style.
Customer Orientation - The ability to recognise both internal and external customers and the commitment to co-operate with them fully to help them achieve their objectives.
Impact - The ability to make and maintain a good impression on others.
Influencing - The ability to persuade or influence other people to accept a point of view, to adopt a specific agenda or to take a course of action.
Integrity - The willingness to adhere to social, ethical, professional, and organisational standards.
Relationship Building - The ability and attitude to develop and exploit a range of productive relationships both inside and outside the team.
Self Confidence - The ability to make a positive impact and to maintain a credible position with others on an ongoing basis
Technical/Professional Knowledge - The ability and motivation to apply and develop one's own professional and technical knowledge and to share this expertise with others.
Minimum academic level required: HND or equivalent level of education relevant for the role (i.e., business studies, sales, marketing, engineering)
Benefits for the Sales Key Account Manager role include:
£30,000 - £38,000 per annum + Bonus
25 days holiday
Fun, sociable working environment
If you are interested in the Sales Key Account Manager role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.