Barker Ross is supporting a reputable logistics provider specialising in contract packing who are recruiting for a Sales and Marketing Manager based in the LE7 (Syston) area of Leicester.
To identify new sales opportunities with new clients and existing clients where required. Manage all sales enquiries in line with existing sales processes including receipt, handling, enquiring, and escalating all sales enquiries received into the business. In addition, this role will include preparing draft proposals / quotations / tender documentations for the companies' services for new opportunities with both existing and new clients whilst maintaining a good working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders of the business.
Duties to include:
- To manage all incoming sales enquiries in line with the sales processes.
- To monitor and actively follow-up the status of all 'live' sales enquiries to ensure they are completed within a timely and professional manner.
- To manage, champion and maintain the new sales platform Bitrix24 including ensuring that all quotations and associated files are correctly linked to the enquiry on the platform i.e., ensuring that a full and accurate audit trail in place at all times.
- Establishing, maintaining, and expanding our current client base and developing our 5-year sales strategy with the Senior Team.
- Ownership and monthly reporting of the company's sales performance reporting including new client wins, pipeline, sales conversion etc.
- Generating new business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
- Arranging meetings with new clients with a view to offering company's services but at the same time maintaining dialogue with existing clients to understand their ever-changing needs. A specific focus on increasing "All Year Round" sales for both new and existing clients to balance the existing seasonal profile of the business.
- Planning and preparing presentations / tender documents / report writing as required.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research especially feedback related to unsuccessful tenders and providing the Managing Director with a summary of client feedback so that he is aware of any updates/developments.
- To lead and manage all marketing campaigns including the annual 2-day exhibition and attending the event to promote company's full range of services.
- Support with the development and upkeep of company's website and ensuring that it is updated with latest news relating to the company.
- Manage and assist in developing advertising strategy and production of marketing literature.
- Keeping up to date with competitor activity and services.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within Sales / Marketing is required.
- GSCE Maths and English grade B or above or equivalent.
- The ability to use initiative whilst working with Senior Management.
- Good business acumen, understanding of financial performance and planning, marketing skills and strategy development and implementation.
- Creative thinking ability.
- Communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Team player.
Salary for this opportunity is £25k-£30k.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 08.00 to 16.30 with a half hour lunch making 40 hours per week.
For immediate consideration please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £40000 per annum
- 19 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Manager for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham. The role will be responsible for productivity of the drivers, planning of the workload, management of the operations desk and ensuring that internal and external stakeho... Read More
Assistant General Manager (Logistics)
- Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Generous salary and benefits package
- 3 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Assistant General Manager for a blue-chip company on a full-time, permanent basis in Rochdale. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that spe... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 5 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a truly exci... Read More
Warehouse Team Manager
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 5 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Warehouse Team Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly an exciting time to join a company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL ... Read More