A great opportunity has become available for a high calibre Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager (SHEQ) to join one of the largest manufacturers of RTE products that supplies to both retailers and foodservice options across the UK. Based in Northampton on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality agenda across this site and will be part of the senior leadership team. You will ensure the site complies, at all times, with all relevant legislations and auditing standards (ISO 45001 & ISO 14001)
- Define, develop and execute a robust SHEQ strategy for the site; ensure that this strategy and all related initiatives are adequately communicated to all stakeholders to ensure it can be delivered in a collaborative manner:
- Ensure that the site complies, with all relevant legislations, auditing standards and internal Group standards
- Ensuring that the H&S Management Operating Systems are accurately maintained and managed
- Controlling Budgets and 3rd party suppliers
- Manage the execution of all key HSE activities, in particular:
- Driving behavioural and cultural change on site, to develop a culture where acting safely and being environmentally responsible are not afterthoughts but a way of life. This includes:
- Mentoring site personnel to improve their knowledge of HSE matters and their skills in managing key aspects of the HSMS
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Extensive experience as a SHEQ Manager in Food Manufacturing setting.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of implementing ISO standards.
- Strong Environmental Knowledge.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management or IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management preferred
- Auditing qualification would be advantageous
- Sound knowledge of the UK HSE regulatory framework, including specific frameworks applicable to industrial/manufacturing environments
- Extensive knowledge of ISO45001 & ISO14001 auditing standards
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of RCA tools & processes.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate at all levels of the organisation, from Senior Leadership Team to Shopfloor staff, on both vision and practical aspects of HSE
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with problem-solving ability.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy in work.
The salary for this position is £50,000 - £55,000