Residential Children's Support Worker
Location: Newark, Nottingham
Salary: £9.50 - £12.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary Ongoing
Hours: Part time / Days & nights available
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Children's Support Worker on behalf of a client based in Newark. This will involve supporting children with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities, EBD and related challenging behaviours. Possible temp to perm opportunities also available.
- Providing high quality care to children and young people, identifying needs and preferences for each individual
- Supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour, mental health, learning disabilities, EBD and related challenging behaviours
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with children's families and carers
- Supporting young people in education, training and development
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required, adhering to care plans
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required and supporting children and young people to develop life skills
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or nurse manager
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with the young person, their family, school, other professionals and social workers
- Providing one to one support, day to day activities, days out and group trips
- Attending therapy sessions and supervised contact visits
- Ensuring children and young people are given opportunities to achieve their full potential
- Various hours of work available on working rota
Must have 6 months experience within health and social care
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People
If this is a role you are interested in please contact AJ at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 / 07824016238 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available