Residential Children's Support Worker
Location: Sileby, Leicestershire
Salary: £9.50 - £11.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary (possible temp to perm opportunities available)
Hours: Part time / full time / Days & nights available
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Children's Support Worker on behalf of a client based near Sileby in Leicestershire. This will involve supporting children with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities, EBD and related challenging behaviours. Possible temp to perm opportunities also available.
- Providing high quality care to children and young people, identifying needs and preferences for each individual
- Supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour, mental health, learning disabilities, EBD and related challenging behaviours
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with children's families and carers
- Supporting young people in education, training and development
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required, adhering to care plans
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required and supporting children and young people to develop life skills
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or nurse manager
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with the young person, their family, school, other professionals and social workers
- Providing one to one support, day to day activities, days out and group trips
- Attending therapy sessions and supervised contact visits
- Ensuring children and young people are given opportunities to achieve their full potential
- Various hours of work available on working rota
Must have 6 months experience within health and social care
NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Up to £9.01 per hour
- 25 days ago
Support Worker Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire Salary: £9.01 per hour Job type: Temporary & temp to perm opportunities Hours: Full time / Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Support ... Read More
Supported Living Support Worker
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Up to £9.00 per hour + plus £45 a week for petrol and travel
- 25 days ago
Supported Living Support Worker Location: Leicester city and surrounding areas Salary: £9.00 per hour (plus £45 a week for petrol and travel) Job type: Permanent Hours: Full time / Days (Monday - Friday) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross ... Read More
Support Worker - Rough Sleepers (EEA Nationals),
- Finchley, London
- Up to £12.68 per hour
- 29 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Support Worker - Rough... Read More
Tenancy Support Worker - Homelessness (Richmond or Kingston)
- Richmond upon Thames, London
- Up to £13 per hour
- 23 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More