Our client is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. They build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Resident Liaison officer to join our team in London, Camberwell on a permanent contract.
The London Regeneration Team are responsible for delivering estate regeneration/development schemes and improvement /repair works to existing homes. The team engages with customers, internal and external stakeholders, including contractors and consultants, to build strong relationships, to enhance and help us meet our commitment to provide as many high quality homes as possible.
Reporting to the Senior Regeneration Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Ensure customers are clear on the needs and requirements of the works and are fully consulted regarding any relocation requirements before, during and after the works.
- Ensure all works are completed and all complaints and requests are actioned effectively to deliver value for money.
- Coordinate access to customer's homes.
- Ensure that due regard is given to the safety, vulnerability and diversity of customers as works are planned and delivered, supporting a safe and positive experience for customers.
- Liaise with resident groups as required, and lead on consultation work streams.
- Ensure compliance to corporate Health and Safety and Fire Safety legislation by following sector recommendations in the delivery of new homes.
- Provide a customer focused service, working closely with internal & external stakeholders to ensure continuous engagement and a smooth handover at practical completion.
- Use established relationships and experience to quickly resolve defects with customers.
What we're looking for:
We're a customer-focused organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You'll not only be someone who possesses excellent project management skills, communication skills, accurate record keeping and negotiating and influencing skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You'll also be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience of providing a proactive and excellent customer service.
- Working with customer groups, panels or other agencies to develop best practice ideally within Residential Social Landlords.
- Able to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of managing projects.
- Good attention to detail and accurate recording for audit purposes.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Effectively managing budgets and controlling spend.
- Experience of dealing effectively with complaints and customer feedback as part of a team.
- Understanding of social housing legislation and tenancy management.
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation and policy.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What's on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive salary of £20k -£23k
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
- Thank you award- by nomination
Advert Closing Date: 21st October (midday)
Interview Date: 28 October
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available