Resettlement Worker / Support Worker
Location: South West London and surrounding areas
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, resettlement, health and substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Support Worker - Homelessness And Resettlement Workers
(Various locations) - Vauxhall, Hammersmith, Croydon, Crystal Palace, Norwood, Stockwell, Kensington and many more
£13 - £14 per hour, full time hours, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
We need Support Workers and Resettlement Workers looking for locum or full time temporary work. This will be Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Supporting and empowering our customers to increase their life skills, self-management and confidence to successfully sustain independent living.
This aim will be achieved through the provision of individualised support, tailored to the specific needs of homeless adults and young people.
- Service delivery
- Holding a caseload of customers and co-ordinating their support packages.
- Actively promoting customer involvement at all times and managing the resettlement process.
- Working with customers to assess and identify their support needs, agreeing support plans, recording outcomes and reviewing progress towards achieving their goals.
- Establishing supportive and professional relationships with customers and dealing effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Ensuring customers are supported to achieve independent living through proactive support and building positive links with relevant agencies.
- Liaising with external partners, including accessing appropriate statutory and voluntary services.
- Ensuring fair access through interviewing and assessing the suitability of referrals, based on the criteria of the project.
- Ensuring customers are supported to raise complaints, comments and suggestions.
- Ensuring all voids are advertised and lettings made promptly.
- Supporting customers to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt management.
- Being accessible and responsive at all times to customers' concerns and requests for information.
- Supporting and advising customers on any matters relating to their occupancy agreements.
- Dealing with breaches of occupancy agreements sensitively and efficiently, in accordance with warnings and appeal procedures.
- Responding in a decisive and proactive manner to customer and neighbour disputes.
- Producing and monitoring records including rent, Supporting People monitoring information and CORE reports within required deadlines.
- Reporting repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Supporting colleagues to remove items and make rooms ready for new occupants, where required
Health and Safety
- Ensuring customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and supporting them to manage their environment.
- Being fully aware of, and working within Health and Safety legislation.
- Carrying out regular Health and Safety inspections, taking immediate action to remedy health and safety defects and alerting the appropriate people in line with Health and Safety Policies.
- Undertaking risk assessments for each customer and reviewing them regularly.
- Keeping accurate records, including logbooks, service user files, monitoring information etc.
- Providing written reports and information as requested.
- Maintaining clear and concise records of all key working sessions.
- Being aware of, and adhering to, all relevant financial procedures.
- Maintaining personal records on the HR database.
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people (young people, mental health, substance misuse, rough sleepers) to achieve independent living
- Experience of supporting and an understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face.
- Knowledge of statutory and voluntary resources available to homeless people including an understanding of welfare benefits.
- Ability to take on a caseload with responsibility for key working a group of customers, co-ordinating support packages, and proactively ensuring all necessary tasks and activities are completed.
- Ability to document clear records and to evidence outcomes achieved with customers.
- Ability to work inclusively, as part of a team, and to give and receive support and constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, demonstrating a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call Jade directly at Barker Ross Health and Social Care.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.