One of the leading logistics providers has an opportunity for a Repack Shift Manager in the Wigan area. This role is on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Repack Shift Manager will lead and motivate a highly variable resource level including agency, temporary, permanent, part-time and full time operatives and the Process and Performance Section Leaders in achieving exacting performance measures, driving efficiency into the operation to ensure all tasks are completed cost effectively and to a high standard of quality.
You will ensure total compliance to the company's comprehensive Health and Safety policies and procedures whilst demonstrating a pro-active approach to Risk Management whilst also being accountable for the effective and efficient running of the operation the success of which will be determined by achievement of the various performance measures.
The successful candidate will develop communication processes to ensure that all employees are fully aware of the department's overall activity, the sites overall performance and the Company's performance. This must include detail of the efficiency levels achieved by the department. The processes should include one to one meeting, shift briefings, meetings, and other pro-active employee engagement processes.
The type of candidate we are looking for:
- An experience manager of people with a clear understanding of policies and processes, inclusive of employee reviews.
- Highly organised, thorough, and able to quickly prioritise/re- prioritise workload in an environment where volumes are volatile.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels to ensure that all standards/targets and tasks are carried out to the demanding customer specification required.
- Highly motivated and eager to assume full accountability for the successful operation of the shift.
- Able to find the root cause, analyse the findings and deliver a solution with minimal referral to Senior Management.
- PC literate with the ability to quickly understand bespoke systems.
- Confident, decisive yet with an approachable style to ensure that the working environment is efficient and engaging to achieve good levels of employee job satisfaction
This role is for a 6 month fixed term contract.
Salary for this opportunity is £31,476 (which will be paid pro rata).
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Nottinghamshire, England
- £30000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits
- 20 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join a hugely successful specialist in IT consumable distribution business on a full-time basis (Mon to Fri days) at their Nottingham site. The company is experiencing growth and is a leading global innovator in ... Read More
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £50000 - £55000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 26 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join a hugely successful specialist of electrical component distribution business on a full time basis at their state of the art facility in Milton Keynes. The company is experiencing rapid growth, has a global ... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- Up to £50000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 5 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager (3PL) with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Halifax. This is a truly exciting time ... Read More
Fleet Damage Manager
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £35000 - £45000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 19 days ago
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a client for the position of Fleet Damage Manager, to be based at their Peterborough HQ. You will work alongside the Head of Fleet and fleet team with the successful candidate will have sound experience and knowledge of fleet damage management wi... Read More