One of the leading logistics providers has an opportunity for a Repack Shift Manager in the Wigan area. This role is on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Repack Shift Manager will lead and motivate a highly variable resource level including agency, temporary, permanent, part-time and full time operatives and the Process and Performance Section Leaders in achieving exacting performance measures, driving efficiency into the operation to ensure all tasks are completed cost effectively and to a high standard of quality.
You will ensure total compliance to the company's comprehensive Health and Safety policies and procedures whilst demonstrating a pro-active approach to Risk Management whilst also being accountable for the effective and efficient running of the operation the success of which will be determined by achievement of the various performance measures.
The successful candidate will develop communication processes to ensure that all employees are fully aware of the department's overall activity, the sites overall performance and the Company's performance. This must include detail of the efficiency levels achieved by the department. The processes should include one to one meeting, shift briefings, meetings, and other pro-active employee engagement processes.
The type of candidate we are looking for:
- An experience manager of people with a clear understanding of policies and processes, inclusive of employee reviews.
- Highly organised, thorough, and able to quickly prioritise/re- prioritise workload in an environment where volumes are volatile.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels to ensure that all standards/targets and tasks are carried out to the demanding customer specification required.
- Highly motivated and eager to assume full accountability for the successful operation of the shift.
- Able to find the root cause, analyse the findings and deliver a solution with minimal referral to Senior Management.
- PC literate with the ability to quickly understand bespoke systems.
- Confident, decisive yet with an approachable style to ensure that the working environment is efficient and engaging to achieve good levels of employee job satisfaction
This role is for a 6 month fixed term contract.
Salary for this opportunity is £31,476 (which will be paid pro rata).
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £40000 per annum
- 22 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Manager for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham. The role will be responsible for productivity of the drivers, planning of the workload, management of the operations desk and ensuring that internal and external stakeho... Read More
Regional Operations Manager
- East Riding of Yorkshire, England
- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- about 8 hours ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regional Operations Manager at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in the North East & Yorkshire region. The role will involve working from home or on the road and will be expected to att... Read More
Assistant General Manager (Logistics)
- Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Generous salary and benefits package
- 6 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Assistant General Manager for a blue-chip company on a full-time, permanent basis in Rochdale. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that spe... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 8 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a truly exci... Read More
Warehouse Team Manager
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 8 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Warehouse Team Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly an exciting time to join a company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL ... Read More