Registered Staff Nurse
Salary: £37,500 - £49,000
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Full time / Days
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health & Social Care is currently recruiting for a Registered Staff Nurse for a medium sized Nursing & Dementia Home, which is rated as GOOD with the CGC.
You will be a fully qualified RGN, RMN or RNLD with well-developed clinical skills, with experience in Elderly Care and Dementia in a residential setting. This role would be ideal for an experienced Registered Nurse looking to take the next step in management leading a team.
The Ideal candidate for the role of Registered Staff Nurse would be:
- Fully qualified RGN, RNM or RNLD
- Someone who is experienced in leading a team on shift
- Experienced working with Elderly and Dementia
- Ideally based locally to Northampton with access to own transport
- Someone with well-developed clinical skills
As the Registered Staff Nurse your days will constantly be evolving, and the list of tasks which you will be undertaking is extensive, but below is a brief list :
- Work alongside the Registered Manager to make sure that the rota is completed and constantly updated to make sure home is fully staffed at all times
- Making sure that company Policies and Procedures are being followed in the home at all times
- Liaising with external stake holders, this includes: Social Worker's, GP's and Families.
- Act as a positive role to all junior and less experienced staff
- Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research led developments.
- Assist activity staff in thinking of suitable activities to do in and around Northamptonshire
- Work with the Registered Manager and complete all HR paper for all staff
- Recruit staff to meet the needs of the home
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
Type of Candidate / Background / Experience:
We are looking for someone who can lead a team and integrates well within the Multi-disciplinary team and who is flexible within their role to meet the varied presenting needs of the patients.
The candidate will need to demonstrate relevant skills and experience and working with older people in a Residential Home setting. Candidates will need to demonstrate that they are able to consider both the mental health and physical health perspective of patients needs, be an excellent role model and deliver a high standard of compassionate care, using a high level of expertise, involving patients as much as possible in their care.
Candidates will need to be open to new ideas, motivated to change and be able to prioritise and delegate effectively to meet the clinical needs of the patients and ensure safe and efficient assessment and risk management processes are met. Excellent communication skills in complex situations with patients, families and the team are essential. This role would suit an experienced Registered Staff Nurse seeking career progression and ready to take the next step into management.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Active NMC registered Nurse
- Support with revalidation
- Annual PIN paid each year
- £1,000 per year personal training and development budget
- £1,000 per year for upskilling their leadership skills and mentoring/coaching skills
- Career progression for the right person!
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Lee at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.