Salary: £18,400 - £20,800 pro rata (FTE £23,000 - £26,000)
Job type: Permanent
30hrs / 4 days - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Registered Staff Nurse to work on a permanent base in Kidderminster.
Purpose of the post
- As part of the multi professional team you will provide the highest standards of end of life patient-centred care to patients requiring specialist palliative care in our day hospice and community setting, developing your skills and knowledge to meet the needs of our patient group.
- To give support to the families, carers and those important to our patients.
- To maintain and develop the clinical effectiveness of the services offered, aligning with our strategic aim of 'We Provide Exceptional Care and Support'.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Independently assess physical, psychological, spiritual, cultural, religious, social, legal and ethical issues affecting the patient and carer.
- Proactively engage in the development of the care team.
- Plan and deliver appropriate care in consultation with the multi professional team.
- To facilitate communication and co-operation with other health care multidisciplinary teams and with both statutory and voluntary agencies.
- To be aware of changing policies, practices and innovations within nursing and palliative care to promote evidence-based clinical intervention, care and support ongoing developments at KEMP.
- To support and supervise Care Services volunteers and support workers across the hospice and in the community.
- Provide flexibility in role and approach, dependent upon patient and organisational needs.
- Working in partnership with the Care Services Team, plan, implement and evaluate care from first assessment to discharge or death.
- Ensure patients' views are taken into account when planning care by establishing their care needs and preferences both on admission and continually thereafter, including identifying advance care planning needs.
- Demonstrate practice that is evidence based and up to date.
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making to improve outcomes for patients and the team.
- Participate in collaborative decision making with all those responsible for delivering care within the Care Services team to ensure that the patient's and carer's wishes and preferences are represented in every aspect of their care.
- Maintain accurate patient electronic records
- Negotiate and advocate on behalf of patients and carers, and recognise the need to refer to and liaise with other agencies and professionals.
- Maintain patient confidentiality, advocacy and respect patient's rights and wishes regarding treatment and care.
- Participate in reflective practice/clinical supervision.
- Work in accordance with NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To have a role in meeting and maintaining the standards set by the Care Quality Commission.
- Liaise with the Care Services Administrator and other support services.
- Contribute to the supervision and support of the Care Services volunteers.
- Take appropriate action to record, monitor and report complaints, accidents and untoward incidents, in line with hospice policy.
- Ensure safe custody and administration of drugs in accordance with Hospice policy.
- Assist with the orientation and induction of new Hospice staff.
- Be willing to prepare for and lead morning handover and MDT meetings.
- Participate in the ongoing development of our care services in day hospice and the community in conjunction with colleagues.
- Participate and promote education and training for staff, volunteers and visiting students both formally and informally.
- Promote the use of evidence-based practice.
- Comply with mandatory training and other training mutually agreed with the Head of Care.
- Participate in audit evaluation and implement changes to improve patient care
- Contribute to research based projects.
Must have 2 years' experience within health and social care
Active Nursing PIN - NMC PIN
RGN / RMN
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Kevin at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £20 - £22 per hour
- about 8 hours ago
Registered Nurse Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham Salary: £20.00 - £22.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Part time / Days & nights available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Regist... Read More
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £20 - £25 per hour
- 14 days ago
Registered Nurse Location: Derbyshire Salary: £20.00 - £25.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Part time / Days & nights available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse... Read More
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £18 - £22 per hour
- 23 days ago
Registered Nurse Location: Nottingham Salary: £20.00 - £25.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Part time / Days & nights available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse... Read More
Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities
- Swadlincote, Derbyshire
- £16.00 - £16.65 per hour
- 22 days ago
Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities Location: Swadlincote, Derbyshire Salary: £16.00 - £16.65 per hour Job type: Permanent Hours: 3 to 4 nights a week Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting fo... Read More
Community Nurse (Registered Nurse)
- Skegness, Lincolnshire
- £17.00 - £17.50 per hour
- about 13 hours ago
Community Nurse (Registered Nurse) Location: Skegness, PE25 Salary: £17.00 - £17.50 per hour Job type: Permanent Hours: 24 - 40 hours a week available (night shifts) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently r... Read More