Our client is looking to recruit a Branch Manager for their CambridgeSite. To provide high quality homecare services that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The Branch Manager is directly accountable to regulatory body for domiciliary care.
- To efficiently manage the day to day running of the business. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality homecare service to customers.
- To ensure the service is a provider of choice in the local area and therefore there is a strong ethos on carer engagement/ retention and local engagement with the community.
- To take full P&L responsibility to ensure the service is viable and is trading in line with the budget.
- Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
- Ensure the service has an open culture (duty of candour) where there is a strong emphasis of staff engagement and peer learning.
- Ensure the service has a robust out of hours service and business continuity plan
Manage the safety and quality of the business
● Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative
requirements and company policy and procedures
● Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice
and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management
and delivery of care
● Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as
lead for infection prevention and control
● Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal
requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
● Implement quality management and improvement systems
● Effectively manage complaints, accidents and incidents and allegations of abuse
● Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to
● Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
● Act as the Safeguarding lead for the service
● Ensure the service safely manages medication
● Ensure reviews, trends analysis and learning outcomes are completed on
complaints, concerns, safeguardings and accidents & incidents
● Manage and coordinate the delivery of branch activities, including promoting the
rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
● Manage the deployment of carer resources within the branch to meet customer
● Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives though quantitative
analysis and data driven decision making. Implement new and developed
procedures across in the branch under the guidance of the Regional Manager and
the Leadership Team
● Investigate and report to management on complaints with the potential to have a
significant impact to the reputation/viability of the business
● Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a customer assessment and risk
assessment with the customer, and/or their chosen representatives, has been
completed including what the customer needs and would like to achieve from their
care and support
● Make sure a written individually tailored care plan has been created and agreed,
that respects the customer's wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree
appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks
● Provide the customer, and where appropriate their representatives, with information
about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise
● Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and
representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high
quality homecare services
● Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential
● The service meets the criteria and is in line with key legislation associated to care
such as the Mental Capacity Act at all times and this can be demonstrated
● Deliver review feedback from customer satisfaction surveys
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.