Registered Children's Home Manager
Job type: Management
Client type: Children's & Young People's Home - CB/EBD
Salary: £42,000 plus £4,000 Bonus
Hours: Full time
We are looking to recruit a Registered Children's Home Manager to one of our EBD children's services in Derby. The home has a maximum occupancy of 5 children and they are looking for an experienced Manager to now take on this role. This is an excellent opportunity to join a superb child care provider at a management level.
You will be responsible for the operational decisions which lead the Home in establishing a quality led service and ensuring all Children's Homes Regulations including Quality Standards and Ofsted inspection framework outcomes are fully compliant, operating within the legal parameters and where your contribution to ensuring maximum occupancy and good Ofsted ratings will be recognised as part of the bonus scheme. You will also have responsibility for meeting budget requirements through efficient methods and maintaining a commercial awareness.
Your role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring quality of care provided is compliant with National Minimum Standards
- Managing child protection concerns and complaints
- Implementing procedures for all staff including admin and support
- Liaising with external bodies to ensure comprehensive care packages are delivered
- Creating and reviewing care packages to reflect each child's individual needs, including consulting service users on the care they receive
- Staff recruitment and retention, all aspects of home set up
- Develop a competent and confident team
- Operational responsibilities including staff rota management
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge
- Providing one to one support and encouragement to children and young people with mental health, EBD (emotional behaviour difficulties) and related challenging behaviours
- Organising day trips and activities for young people
- NVQ Level 4 or 5
- Registered Manager
- Understand current legislation surrounding child care
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within last 5 years of working with children at a senior level
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.