Registered Children's Home Manager
Job type: Management (Level 5)
Client type: Children and Young People's Home
Salary: £41,00K - £44,00K (salary will vary depending on experience)
Hours: Full time
We are currently recruiting for a Registered Children's Home Manager for one of our residential children's homes in Derby. The home has a maximum occupancy of 3 children per service and they are looking for an experienced Manager to start at the new children's service. This is an excellent opportunity to join a superb childcare provider at a management level. The home will provide support to children and young people with challenging behaviour, emotional behavioural difficulties and sexual trauma.
Your role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring quality of care provided is compliant with National Minimum Standards
- Managing child protection concerns and complaints
- Implementing procedures for all staff including admin and support
- Liaising with external bodies to ensure comprehensive care packages are delivered
- Creating and reviewing care packages to reflect each child's individual needs, including consulting service users on the care they receive
- Staff recruitment and retention, all aspects of home set up
- Develop a competent and confident team
- Operational responsibilities including staff rota management
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge
- Some sleep in's may be required
You will be responsible for the operational decisions which lead the Home in establishing a quality led service and ensuring all Children's Homes Regulations including Quality Standards and Ofsted inspection framework outcomes are fully compliant, operating within the legal parameters and where your contribution to ensuring maximum occupancy and good Ofsted ratings will be recognised as part of the bonus scheme. You will also have responsibility for meeting budget requirements through efficient methods and maintaining a commercial awareness.
- NVQ Level 5 in Leadership and Management
- Registered Manager
- Full UK drivers licence
- Understand current legislation surrounding childcare
- Experience supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour, EBD, sexual trauma and substance misuse within residential setting
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within last 5 years of working with children and young people at management level
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please contact Jade on 0115 9418131.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available