Our client based in Washington is a well established retail company who is currently seeking an experienced Regional Transport Planner to join their team as soon as possible.
The role will be for a minimum of 6 months (potentially 9 months) to cover a period of maternity leave. The pay rate will be £13.03 per hour working 27 hours per week across 3 days.
The hours are 3am start, 9 hour shifts on rota which will include working 1 in 3 weekends (Saturday & Sunday). Most planners take 30 minutes break for breakfast and 30 minutes for lunch.
The successful candidate will be building transport plans for different departments, which comprise of around 60 drivers. The role is heavily computer based with plans being created on Paragon system.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Planning driver runs - planning shifts within the Paragon system
- Checking drivers are within their working days
- Ensuring drivers can complete workload in their shift time
- Interacting with the transport department, answering questions on the plans and receiving updates on the drivers
- Telephone liaison with other depots and live tracking of load dispatch and arrivals
- Inputting information onto Excel spreadsheets and other computer programs
- Check and track of previous days loads
- Checking driver arrival
- Providing ETA's
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have:-
- Experience in a transport/dispatch/planning related role previously
- Computer literate - able to use Paragon and MS Excel
- Good communication skills
- Flexible with a can do attitude
- Own transport is needed
Please apply in the first instance or call Barker Ross Lincoln today on 01522 551910 for more information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Head of Transport
- Grantham, Lincolnshire
- £50000 - £53000 per annum
- 17 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced transport professional to join an established and successful total waste management business in the role of Head of Transport. The company specialise in the delivering, recycling, recovering, treatment, and disposal for all types of wast... Read More
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27000 - £29000 per annum + plus bonus and contributory pension
- 26 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Freight Forwarder with import and export experience in road freight to join a small, friendly dynamic team in Leeds. This is a full time, permanent role. The position is available due to company expansion, and this is set to continue. Th... Read More
- Essex, England
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus bonus and contributory pension
- 26 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Freight Forwarder with import and export experience in road freight to join a small, friendly dynamic team in Dagenham. This is a full time, permanent role. The position is available due to company expansion, and this is set to continue.... Read More
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £9.56 per hour
- 23 days ago
You will be working in a small team to empty domestic waste bins in Cambridge City Centre and surronding areas. You are guaranteed a 37 hour working week, (even if you work less hours) and all overtime is paid at time and a half (double time on sundays). This is a Monday to Friday posit... Read More