A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regional Sales Manager at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry.
Responsible for growing the business through the identification and management of new business opportunities from new and existing customers operating in currently services (Technical Facilities Management, Technical Cleaning, or targeted service sectors) (Automotive, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Transport, Aerospace).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Secure new business contracts that provide profitable growth in line with or better than the companies 3-year budget plan. Circa £2million of new sales per year of framework contracts.
- Engage with existing and new potential customers within the targeted market sectors to develop leads and create quote opportunities.
- Take the Lead responsibility for coordinating the company resources in formulating bids in response to RFI/RFQ's from customers.
- Engage the product management and cost estimation elements at divisional level to develop winning offers and solutions.
- Be the key interface with targeted customers in the development of new business opportunities. Working closely with customer stakeholders to identify opportunities that can be converted into quotes and new business. Managing and developing the customer relationship ahead of RFI/RFQ
- Continue to develop an effective consultative business relationship with key customer stakeholders during the RFI/RFQ tender process. Gaining intelligence and feedback that can help the company fine tune its offered solutions in a competitive and sustainable way.
- Support the companies strategic business plan development with respect to market information, customers, opportunity development, service provisions and solutions.
- Support Regional General Manager in establishing and executing the Regional sales strategy and objectives.
- Build and develop a strong pipeline of new opportunities either through existing contacts, market analysis and a targeted proactive approach.
- Build and present offers to audiences at all levels of any organisation (internal or external)
- Work with teams from UK and Europe in developing winning solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the Sales & Marketing teams to ensure cross selling of business opportunities.
- Be an effective Team Player.
- Take responsibility for the sales activities and target achievement within the assigned region.
- Prepare appropriate plans to achieve the regional
- Actively participate in sales and business meetings to review team and company performance and activities.
- Work in co-operation with the organisation to maximise opportunities and business development synergies.
- At all times work in a safe manner particularly when visiting customer's sites and wear the appropriate PPE as required by the customer.
- Maintain up to date sales records using Salesforce CRM and provide the business with strong market intelligence
- Present status of activities to senior management. From pipeline and leads through all stages of offer development to award.
- Attend and support Global / Cross Regional calls / presentations as necessary.
- Completion of bid documents in response to RFI/RFQ's from customers in the agreed time frame.
- Number of new leads and opportunities developed within the year that have potential to move to RFI/RFQ
- Accuracy and updating of CRM Salesforce for the area of responsibility.
- Feedback from internal colleagues, senior management and customers.
- Completion of projects and tasks with good quality in agreed timeframes.
- You will develop strategic and budget planning regards sales objectives within the assigned region together with the Regional General Manager and the Commercial Director.
- You will lead, plan and organise individual and team activities with an appreciation of longer-term issues and objectives.
- You will schedule regular communications with potential customers to progress sales and close deals.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree standard
- You will already be working in the UK service sector providing a range of service activities across industry sectors such as Automotive, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Food and Beverages, Transport etc.
- Have a good knowledge of major manufacturing and industrial organisations in the UK
- Driven, self-motivated individual experienced in selling to UK industry sectors.
- Proven track record of relationship building with good contact networks.
- Current UK Driving licence
Preferably have direct sales experience and track record of winning business in the service areas of:
- Technical Facilities Management
- Mechanical & Electrical Services
- Technical Cleaning Services
- Large scale janitorial cleaning
- Industrial waste management
- Installation and automation projects
- Demonstrable skills and track record in providing solutions to win new customers and new business.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Good presenter with strong communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficient Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Numerate and able to negotiate effectively.
- 'Out of the box' thinker, able to bring fresh perspectives, ideas, and solutions.
- Smart and highly presentable, representing the image of the company.
- Self-starter able to work remotely as part of a highly motivated sales team.
- Enthusiastic, charismatic, personable and performance driven.
- Easy, outgoing style - able to deal effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations with some overnight stays away from home required.
- Be a target focused solutions provider.
Role will predominantly be based with the North region, but will require travel throughout UK, and potentially Europe for Group conferences
Salary for this position is £48,000 - £52,000
Regular working hours are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday). Nevertheless, the demands of this position may require that from time-to-time irregular hours including weekends and bank holidays may need to be worked, to align to our deadlines.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.