A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Regional Operations Manager at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in the North East & Yorkshire region.
The role will involve working from home or on the road and will be expected to attend sites as required either to meet with the client or to follow up on any audit actions/complaints.
The company head office is in Coventry and the Regional Operations Manager will be required to attend meetings there from time to time as well as travel to Liverpool to meet with the Regional General Manager.
We are looking for someone with experience in facilities management or transport. Good management skills and experience are more important than qualifications. Health and safety knowledge is essential, experience of working in a unionised environment, managing budgets, and dealing with clients. You will be responsible for the management of all operational support activities within the required contracts including labour, plant and equipment, maintenance, financial and administrative duties. You will also be required to provide training and improvements within contracts that provide both a tangible benefit to the company and service enhancements for our customers.
The duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager are as follows:
- To ensure the client is provided with the contracted level of service and to co-ordinate the site teams ensuring they operate in a diligent and safe manner to deliver the service the Company is contracted to provide.
- Create a positive working relationship with the customer.
- Manage, motivate and support site staff to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Operate within company policy and maximise profit within budgetary parameters.
- Develop understanding of continuous improvement within the business and host workshops in locations to drive ideas and adoption of best practices to enhance the culture
- To ensure the scheduling and timely delivery of all site operational activities.
- To ensure that site information is available to ensure that KPI reportage is undertaken on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that site operations are undertaken in a safe manner with special focus on ensuring:
- All necessary risk assessments and method statements are available
- All necessary current best practice is available and used
- All necessary visual aids are available and used
- Staff are thoroughly trained in all safety aspects relating to their roles
- The safe use of plant and equipment.
- Responsibility for costs relating via the recognised purchasing and payroll systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company HR processes, ensuring they are carried out correctly, and seeking support from, or providing support to, Human Resources where appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff have the required competence to undertake their roles, providing the necessary training and development where appropriate and maintaining accurate records of this training.
- To establish and maintain a clear understanding of customer quality standards and operate audit processes that ensures both Customer and company expectations are met.
- To undertake a regular review of services provided in conjunction with the customer to determine the extent of customer satisfaction being achieved.
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of Company systems and endeavour to ensure adherence to these, paying special attention to Operating Systems and processes for timely delivery of services to the required standard. Implement new and revised systems where necessary.
- Identify process/quality improvements and manage their introduction where appropriate.
- Ensure the procurement of capable and reliable plant and equipment required for operations.
- Ensure all service contracts and maintenance activities associated with the equipment used for the site are undertaken.
- To undertake the effective building and maintenance of client relationships ensure the company image suitability represents the high standards required by the Company.
- To support the active promotion of company products and services to the customer, liaising with colleagues at all levels to ensure a co-ordinated approach by the Company.
- Management and implementation of standardised work processes across the business.
- In addition to the duties listed above the Operations Manager is required to perform other duties as reasonably requested by the General Manager.
As the successful candidate, you will have strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate accordingly. Relevant experience working in a similar and unionized environment will be advantageous.
The client of this company operates 7 days a week, therefore, there may be occasions working weekends or out of hours to check on the site out of usual working hours.
Salary for this role starts from £35,000 depending on experience, benefits include a car allowance, company pension, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday plus BH & service days.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
General Manager (3PL)
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £60000 - £65000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- about 8 hours ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of General Manager (3PL) at their site in Milton Keynes. The successful General Manager will take full leadership, operational and financial responsibility for managing a safe, ef... Read More