Our client is a well established automotive company based in Surrey who is looking for a Refuse Collector & Waste Operative to join their team as soon as possible.
This role will be a temporary to permanent opportunity, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with a possibility of 1 in 6 Saturday mornings 8:00am - 12:00pm. The pay rate for the role will be £12.01 per hour (£25,000 per annum).
The role will involve driving to various collection points on the customer site collecting and emptying wheelie bins using a 7.5 tonne refuse vehicle. Currently, these are general waste and dry mixed recycling waste streams.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Driving a 7.5 tonne refuse vehicle and collecting waste on site
- Driving to relevant disposal sites to empty the vehicle
- Refuelling the vehicle as and when required
- Daily inspection of vehicle prior to beginning daily routes to ensure safe operating conditions
- Communicating any concerns regarding delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns and other maintenance issues
- Keeping informed of road and weather conditions
- Day to day site operations and waste requirements
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have the following:-
- Class 2 Drivers Licence (clean)
- Manual handling training (can be given if needed)
- Experience working in a similar role previously
- Own transport to reach the location of the site
- Availability to start work immediately
Please apply in the first instance or call Barker Ross Lincoln on 01522 551910 for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.