An opportunity has arisen for an experienced professional to join an established and successful total waste management business who specialise in delivering, recycling, recovering, treatment, and disposal for all types of waste. The role will be for Refuse Collector and Waste Operative at their prestigious site in Woking, Surrey.
The successful Refuse Collector and Waste Operative will assist site operations and drive a 7.5 tonne refuse vehicle and collect waste from collection points on site. You will complete daily disposal of waste required off site whilst completing all aspects of health & safety reporting as and when required.
- To drive a 7.5 tonne refuse vehicle and collect waste from collection points on site.
- Drive to relevant disposal sites to empty vehicle.
- Refuel truck as and when required.
- Daily inspection of vehicle prior to beginning daily routes to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Communicate to the Operations Manager concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns and other maintenance problems.
- Keep informed of road and weather conditions to determine safe routes are adhered to.
- Day to day site operations and waste requirements.
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly after process in accordance with site Health & Safety policies, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and any relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure you are a role model for other employees (conduct and behaviour).
- Undertake any training provided to assist you in your role.
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees.
- Class 2 Drivers Licence (clean).
- Manual Handling (training will be given if needed).
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, working 8am to 4.30pm. There is a possibility of 1 in 6 Saturday mornings, working 8am to 12pm. However, extra hours may be required to work depending on the waste requirements and needs of the business.
Salary is up to £29k plus benefits.
Send your CV for immediate consideration!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
HGV 2 / Class 2 - drivers required immediate start
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £11.00 - £15.00 per hour
- 13 days ago
Barker Ross is recruiting for a Class 2 Drivers ongoing for our client based around Peterborough area They operate Monday to Friday starting between 0400 and 0700 with some late afternoon runs - the type of work is standard general haulage To be considered for this role you will need to... Read More
HGV 2 drivers with Hiab Licence required
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £13.50 per hour
- 30 days ago
Barker Ross are recruiting for Class 2 Hiab Drivers in Milton Keynes and Northampton areas Overview: Barker Ross are recruiting for Class 2 Hiab Drivers (LGV2 Lorry Loader - Remote grab) in the Oxford and Abingdon areas. We have various exciting opportunities for a Class 2 HIAB Drivers ... Read More
HGV Class1 driver positions - immediate starts and weekends
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £12.00 - £18.00 per hour
- 27 days ago
Barker Ross Driving and Logistics Northampton division are looking HGV 1 / C+E drivers to work for their client based in Corby. The work is carrying out Store deliveries and will involve cage work and clothing rails. This is an immediate start, assessments are being set up for next week... Read More
Class 2- Ro Ro driver
- Nottinghamshire, England
- Up to £13.00 per hour
- 8 days ago
Barker Ross are currently looking for HGV Class 2 drivers for one of our client based in Nottingham, NG2 area. Working for waste managment company you will be driving a Ro-Ro truck to and from different depots. You will be working on a 4 on 2 off rota out of two depots, Nottingham and N... Read More