Our client provides various kinds of support to women and children in need.
Position Available: Refuge Worker -Domestic Violence (Hounslow), £13.31 per hour, 37.5 hrs per week
Working in a fast past service with Victim of Domestic Abuse.
Managing service delivery and performance
- To provide practical and emotional support to survivors of domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse in accordance with philosophical principles. This will include conducting key work sessions on a regular basis and keeping casework records up to date.
- To welcome new residents, explain and arrange for them to sign occupancy agreements, ensuring that they are aware of their options for moving on to more permanent accommodation and to develop a proactive move on strategy for individual residents.
- To collect rent payments promptly, record properly, and bank within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that rooms becoming vacant are re-let as soon as possible, taking all appropriate steps to enable new referrals into the service.
- To establish the risks to, and the needs of survivors of, domestic violence and their children through assessing their practical and emotional support needs throughout their stay at the refuge.
- To develop individual support and risk management plans which address the risk of harm to survivors of domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse and their children, and to ensure that such plans are in place for each resident.
- To ensure that any issues in relation to safeguarding children or vulnerable adults are brought to the immediate attention of the service manager, or if unavailable another manager.
- To work in partnership with other agencies and to advocate for survivors to ensure their needs are met.
- To assess benefit requirements of women escaping domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse and to ensure prompt take up of housing and other benefits.
- To ensure that survivors are aware of their rights to legal protection for themselves and their children, arranging for the provision of legal advice as required and accompany women to appointments if appropriate.
- To recognise, respect and address the needs of service-users who face particular barriers when seeking help to access the service, including those from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, LGBT communities, disabled people, women with complex needs and other hard to reach groups.
- To be an ambassador working in partnership with other agencies to ensure an effective, coordinated community response to survivors of domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse and their children.
- To work within the quality management system following all policies and procedures.
- To provide statistical monitoring or reports as required.
- To ensure that the views and experiences of women and agencies are sought actively, recorded carefully and inform the development of the service.
- To report any problems/difficulties/complaints to the services manager and participate in follow up investigations as required.
- To maintain confidentiality and to ensure that professional boundaries are observed when working with residents, staff and external bodies and to work within Code of Conduct.
- To participate in the on-call rota, providing 24 hour support over 7 days, to ensure effective out of hours coverage of the service.
Must have experience in a refuge or supporting accommodation setting. Must have an understanding of welfare reform, Risk assessment, Key working and Housing resettlement. Female only
- Experience of providing direct emotional practical and welfare support
- Experience of identifying and responding to the risks to and needs of survivors of domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse
- Experience of working in a residential setting/ refuge/or any other domestic violence setting.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and impact of domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse and how best to support survivors
- Up to date knowledge of legislation relating to survivors of domestic violence and other forms of violence and abuse
- Evidence of the ability to provide, non-judgemental, non-directive and confidential support to women to take control of their lives and set realistic objectives and goals
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call me directly on 07824016243
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Resettlement Worker and Support Worker - Islington
- Islington, London
- Up to £13.35 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Resettlement Worker -Islington, 37.5 hours a week, £13.35 per hour, temporary 1-3 ... Read More
Floating Support Worker - Young People (Greenwich)
- Greenwich, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Floating Support Worke... Read More
Resettlement Workers - Rough Sleepers (EEA Nationals)
- Finchley, London
- Up to £13.51 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Resettlement Workers -... Read More