Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Recovery Support Coordinator - Substance Misuse (Camden), 37.5 hours a week, temporary 1-3 months, £13.04 per hour
To support people in recovery from substance misuse with a specific focus on obtaining employment or other activities that maximise the chances of employment, such as education, training and volunteering. To ensure clients are achieving ETE outcomes within a 12-week support period.
To provide support through regular 1:1 assessment and goal-focused action planning sessions, as well as through facilitating group sessions, including a structured day programme.
To maintain positive working relationships with referring agencies and ETE providers, as well as networking and brokering new opportunities.
To lead on a designated 'key area' at the service which focuses upon supporting a specific client group within our service users.
Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of client assessments, action plans, personal details and contact notes on the recording system.
- The ability to understand the issues relating to substance misuse.
- Understanding of issues relating to substance misuse. The ability in particular to motivate people who are abstinent or reducing their use to achieve positive outcomes. Operating a recovery-focused approach including using coaching and motivational interview techniques.
- Experience of providing ETE support, guidance and advice to socially excluded groups and an awareness of the barriers to accessing and sustaining ETE activities.
- Experience of brokering new opportunities for socially excluded client groups including volunteering and training placements and employment opportunities.
- Experience of assessing clients' needs and developing individual, goal-focused action plans with the emphasis on accessing ETE activities.
- Experience of planning, facilitating and delivering group work sessions with a focus on employability and confidence building.
- Ability to work in partnership with specialist service providers or agencies (e.g. substance misuse, mental health, offending) in order to ensure clients receive appropriate levels of support.
- An understanding of the principles underlying a quality service and participation of clients to continuously improve the service.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to this and other vulnerable client group(s).
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively.
- An ability to be self-servicing in the use of ICT applications and the ability to record client outcomes, assessments, learning and achievement action plans on an in-house database.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements and work outside of office hours when required.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Mental Health Support Worker
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- £9.10 - £10.80 per hour
- 6 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire Salary: £9.10 - £10.80 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time / Nights (some days available) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire
- £09.00 - £10.91 per hour
- 7 days ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Bingham, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.91 per hour Job type: Permanent Hours: Days and sleep in's Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Chi... Read More
Supported Living Support Worker
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £8.91 - £11.79 per hour
- 7 days ago
Supported Living Support Worker Location: Stoke on Trent, ST3 Salary: £8.91 - £11.79 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time or part time hours available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More
Homelessness Navigator x3 - Wandsworth and various locations
- Wandsworth, London
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
- 14 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Homelessness Navigator... Read More