Quantity Surveyor - Derbyshire - £30K-£35K + Pension scheme offering competitive contributions, Generous leave entitlement, Flexible working scheme, Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus, Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to work scheme, Social space: including televisions, games consoles, pool table, table tennis and table football
Working across numerous specialisms: including MMC and traditional construction methods, a multi-disciplinary Design and Property Consultancy with award-winning services within the public and private sectors.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare high quality tender documentation including Bills of Quantities, Schedule of Works and Contract Sum Analysis using computer techniques. Undertake pricing documentation before tender period as and when required. Negotiating contract sums as necessary
- Control all post contract procedures, make valuations for payments, producing financial reports and monitoring actual and anticipated expenditure against profile
- Examination and analysis of tenders prepare cost breakdowns and initial cost profile. Negotiate contract sums as necessary
- Prepare final accounts and agree with contractor including verifying claims, dealing with audit procedures
- Project manage the running of schemes, plan, set objectives, provide direction, programme, monitor, control and advise on related matters including issue progress reports and in post contract reviews
- Advise on contractual procedures and financial regulations
You will be an experienced QS with:
- A relevant degree or proven experience in Quantity Surveying
- A clear understanding and experience of Cost Value Reporting
- Experience managing Contractors works and packages
- Cost interrogation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills across a range of contacts
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Principal Quantity Surveyor/Project Manager
- Derbyshire, England
- Up to £50000 per annum + + Excellent Package
- 16 days ago
Principal Quantity Surveyor/Project Manager - Derbyshire - £50K + Pension scheme offering competitive contributions, Generous leave entitlement, Flexible working scheme, Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus, Subsidised travel: including rail travel an... Read More