Quantity Surveyor - MMC Offsite Construction - Leeds - up to £55K + market leading pension, share scheme, 25 days holiday + stats and holiday purchase scheme, free parking, subsidised restaurant, cycle to work scheme, free refreshments & fruit
A forward-thinking company within the MMC sector develops Modular Homes that's needed for the UK to fix its property crisis and deliver a housing market that caters equally to all members of society. You'll be a part of an ambitious evolving business - with chances to learn, adapt and grow yourself.
As the Quality Surveyor, you will:
- Responsible administering the construction commercial processes and functions within the business to ensure commercial exposure is managed within the business appetite and contractual obligations met in both head contract and sub-contracts.
- Advise on contract structure with both external and internal clients.
- Ensure that scope, notices, terms and conditions are implemented and communicated appropriately
- Undertake contractual procedures including payments, variations / change management, contra charges, notices and contract entitlements
- Assist with dispute management procedures as required
- Assist the Pre-Construction estimating team with cost estimates based on accurate cost libraries and assumptions, reflective of site-specific details and characteristics.
- Provide input to feasibility appraisals
- Working with Pre-Contraction help develop and maintain accurate cost libraries and development rates.
- Undertake monthly management reports (CVR's) including sub-contract and final account forecasting, risks and opportunities and cashflow forecasts.
- Also responsible for Procurement; Design/Change Management; Records and Archives and Health & Safety.
You will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor with:
- Quantity Surveying degree or other relevant qualification
- MRICS and/or MCIOB desirable
- Knowledge and experience of the housebuilding market
- Experience in negotiating complex commercial issues and create innovative solutions.
- Detail knowledge of JCT or standard form housebuilding contracts
- Experienced in construction contract administration and processes (e.g. valuations, cost reporting, notices etc)
- Strategic thinker
- Good team player and collaboratively worker
- Instinct to drive business performance - a natural ability to challenge perceived wisdom and drive towards solution-oriented action
- Decisive while working at pace, thoughtful about problem solving
- Good IT skills
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Petra Viola-Makk at Barker Ross on 07824069855 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available