We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor for the contract role in London, with the potential for the permanent role for the right candidate. Seeking an individual with a proven track record in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final budget. Who can work to achieve an excellent standard of quality, while seeking to minimise the costs and enhance value for money.
- Project procurement including issuing tender packages, preparation of tender reports, and appointments in line with the project program.
- Prepare subcontract invitations to tender and evaluate tender returns and make recommendations to appoint and places subcontracts accurately and on time
- Completion of PQQ documents to allow for tendering processes.
- Collation and review of onsite documentation ensuring the timely and accurate completion and submission of valuations to clients
- Working closely with site teams to ensure accurate forecasting of accruals / incoming supplier/subcontractor costs.
- Undertaking change requests, running compensation events.
- Producing monthly reports and application and administration of all contracts
- On-site liaison with management and client
- Preparation and negotiation of final accounts.
- Minimum 3 years' experience, ideally working in a civils/infrastructure environment
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of commercial and technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Estimator - RC Frame and Groundwork Contractor
- Gravesend, Kent
- £350 - £400 per day
- 5 days ago
Estimator based in Kent The Role Working in this role as an Estimator, you will predominantly be based in our head office in Gravesend with visits to sites as required and will directly report to the Head of Commercial. The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating contrac... Read More