Freelance Quantity Surveyor - Modular Build - Wembley, London - £300 Day Rate - 12 Week Contract
A leading force in the offsite modular building industry and has the expertise and production capability to deliver high quality, cost effective, buildings that meet the current and future needs of the construction industry.
As the site-based QS you will need to following attributes and qualifications as a minimum:
- Effectively communicate with the Senior QS daily advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or margin of the projects.
- Be able to communicate Contract/Sub-Contract advice to site-based staff.
- Placement of subcontract orders to step down contractual terms and manage risk, including placement of ITT's and ensuring notices and payment are made on time.
- Keeping accurate relevant records.
- Ensure subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts/final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Collate commercial information for drafting Cost Value Reconciliations on a monthly basis to deadlines.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- Timely and properly recorded Applications to Clients.
- Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document.
- Final Accounts -assessment of and timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Advise on and mitigate the effects of disputes - Recognise potential contractual issues on site and make good records including photographs and written statements to the protects interests.
You will need to be fit and healthy as this is a Highrise project and some walking is involved:
- You will be qualified to Degree/HND or HNC in Quantity Surveying or a similar commercial degree in construction.
- Live local to Wembley or within a commutable distance.
- Will need to be CSCS qualified.
- You will need to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience in the construction industry as a Quantity Surveyor, or in a similar Commercial Manager role for a large main contractor.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available